The Student Room Group

EO Work coach DWP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tharadc
Unfortunately scired only 24 and on reserve list, so dont think i have any chance at all

Are you able to work from any location within your job advert or only the three you selected at the beginning?
Reply 201
Hi, I’ve been offered a position as EO work coach in chosen location but they’ve offered me full time when I applied for part time. Has anyone had this? They’ve gone back to discuss with manager. Has anyone had a positive outcome from this?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Samm28
Hi, I’ve been offered a position as EO work coach in chosen location but they’ve offered me full time when I applied for part time. Has anyone had this? They’ve gone back to discuss with manager. Has anyone had a positive outcome from this?

They will check if they can accommodate that based on business needs. If it is not possible then they will see if your other two locations can offer you part time. Failing that then you may be placed back on the reserve list.
I have been offered a position not in my original preference of location and asked for part time (30 hours) does anyone have any experience of this and how long they may take to feedback? Thanks in advance
Original post by Sophia1lily
I have been offered a position not in my original preference of location and asked for part time (30 hours) does anyone have any experience of this and how long they may take to feedback? Thanks in advance
Really what area did they offer you and what was your score if you don’t mind me asking
Reply 205
Original post by Sophia1lily
I had this situation, and had to go full time as they said they were only offering full time contracts at this time. For me to have part time, i would have to have been put on the reserve list. And I'm pretty sure u can only stay on that for 6 months before having to reapply if nothing comes up, was too much of a risk for me. Figured could try full time for 6 months and then ask for an adjustment on medical grounds. Hopefully it's something they let u do.
Reply 206
Original post by april*2011
Hi , same for me today ? Need to complete the Pre employment checks .. have to done this yet ? Is it lengthy ? Thanks
For me it was lengthy, I applied back in september /October time and didn't get a start date until February for March. So from application to start date for me was almost 6 months. But I don't think that was the normal as a lot of other people started sooner.
Original post by Yeah40310
Really what area did they offer you and what was your score if you don’t mind me asking
Hi

I’ve been on the reserve list 2 months but offered a position 20 minutes away which I hadn’t considered before. I scored 24. I’ll see what they come back with!
I have been offered a position in South London. When I applied to the role i was under the impression that I would be able to work from home 2/3 days a week. My brother works in this role and works from home 3 times a week. Since receiving my formal offer they have now stated the role is full-time office based with no option for work from home. Does anyone know about this?
Reply 209
Original post by erinkb98
I have been offered a position in South London. When I applied to the role i was under the impression that I would be able to work from home 2/3 days a week. My brother works in this role and works from home 3 times a week. Since receiving my formal offer they have now stated the role is full-time office based with no option for work from home. Does anyone know about this?
That is correct yes. Did you assume otherwise based on your brothers situation or did it state you could work from home in your job listing? As far as I know, all new contracts have been office based, unless in certain circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending