The Student Room Group

EO Work coach DWP

Scroll to see replies

I had my pre recorded interview on the 12th Jan (Manchester area) really messed it up, I did not like talking to a camera so highly doubt I have been successful just a waiting game now. Please let me know if anyone is hears anything after the interview stage. Good luck guys xx
Hi Bants, if you recall, can you please let me know the questions that were made at the pre-recorded interview??

Thanks,
Hi can you please name soem of the questions that you had on the pre-recorded interview?
Original post by Sammy55097
I had my pre recorded interview on the 12th Jan (Manchester area) really messed it up, I did not like talking to a camera so highly doubt I have been successful just a waiting game now. Please let me know if anyone is hears anything after the interview stage. Good luck guys xx
Original post by Cmendez
Hi can you please name soem of the questions that you had on the pre-recorded interview?

Questions change all the time especially for different campaigns. I don’t think someone will give you the exact questions that were asked, however the questions will be based on the behaviours mentioned on the advert. If you study the behaviours properly you should be fine with the questions that come up by using the STAR approach.
Reply 44
Anyone been placed on the reserve list?
Reply 45
Hi,

I completed the situational judgement test, and I received the score of 346.00, they said I have progress to the next stage and the details will follow.

This is for an EO work coach role,

What does a score of 346,00 mean?
Reply 46
Original post by alrowley18
Hi,

I completed the situational judgement test, and I received the score of 346.00, they said I have progress to the next stage and the details will follow.

Pretty sure the SJ test is out of 452. Why they give out a random number is beyond me as there's absolutely no context to base it on.
The test is scored out of 7, as are all the competencies etc. Your score of 346 give you around 77% which should equate to ~5.4 so will maybe be a 5 so well done :biggrin:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Supercoach
No worries and if you ever need support with applications within Civil service, I am more than happy to give support and guidance

Hi,

Hi, have you had your interview yet? My deadline to do it is tomorrow. If you have done it can you please help me with the questions asked during the recorded interview. Thank you
Original post by Huzy7
Hi, have you had your interview yet? My deadline to do it is tomorrow. If you have done it can you please help me with the questions asked during the recorded interview. Thank you

I took my pre recorded interview on Friday. The questions are based on the behaviours in the job advert. 2 for each behaviour in my instance.

I applied for DWP EO role, nothing else in the title regarding work coach etc.

Can’t remember my exact questions (and I wouldn’t take this as a definite as you may very likely have different questions) but they asked things along the line of…
1) how would you ensure a decision you made was fair and respectful
2) describe a time a decision you made impacted some one else

I can’t remember much else, sorry! It’s all a blur.
(edited 10 months ago)
Hi,

I believe r it means you scored 34% above others that had also answered
Reply 50
Original post by Huzy7

Hi sorry, I was not receiving notifications for some reason and I just logged in this morning after a while. How did your interview go. DWP running lots of work coach campaigns all.over the country at the moment
Hi members
Just attended my pre recorded interview yesterday. To me it wasn't that bad however the last question I think I messed up. Now see what's the outcome will be. Any idea roughly how long it takes ?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 52
Original post by brand matters
Hi members
Just attended my pre recorded interview yesterday. To me it wasn't that bad however the last question I think I messed up. Now see what's the outcome will be. Any idea roughly how long it takes ?

It all depends, it could take 2 weeks or 3 months
It all depends, it could take 2 weeks or 3 months

Hi, Few days back the status changed to
"Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome."

Since then nothing i have heard, any idea how long it will take? i am in a trciky sitauation as i have to yes/no to another job by 20th July.
thanks
Hi, Few days back the status changed to
"Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome."

Since then nothing i have heard, any idea how long it will take? i am in a trciky sitauation as i have to yes/no to another job by 20th July.
thanks

Personally I would say yes to the other job and if anything comes from this decide which to go for because this outcome and start date could be a couple more months
Original post by JDSensations
Personally I would say yes to the other job and if anything comes from this decide which to go for because this outcome and start date could be a couple more months

Thanks for the advice... to me the job i got offered for involved lots of driving (trying to avoid) however will get a good salary. But if i get this one wont be thinking of anything else. Quite confused now....
Thanks for the advice... to me the job i got offered for involved lots of driving (trying to avoid) however will get a good salary. But if i get this one wont be thinking of anything else. Quite confused now....

You can always leave the first job if this comes through but definitely take it as a safety net. There can be opportunities to progress and move up to higher scales and earn more money too
Reply 57
The interview result and start date can still be far from being offered and can take a month in total before you start of upto 3 months. It all depends. The department is really struggling with staff so I cant see them dragging it out but the minimum I would say would be 6 to 8 weeks that would cover passing interview, security clearance, offer and start date.

As there are multiple candidates involved in the recruitment it will always take longer as opposed to 1 or 2 person vacancy.

If it was me I would wait as these opportunities don't come round often and at same time speaking to driving role and request a delay or suggest if you can start in September as that will give more than enough time to get an answer. I would say latest 3 weeks you should get result of application.

Again I am saying that as my situation is different to yours. If you can afford to get by whilst waiting then I would hang on, if i am getting red notice letters for overpayment then I would consider the driving job and see what happens later with the outcome.

Good luck with whatever you decide
Reply 58
Hi, could uou please guide me about interview that what kind of questions are usually asked? Any hint plz
No worries and if you ever need support with applications within Civil service, I am more than happy to give support and guidance
Reply 59
Original post by Shah Amy
Hi, could uou please guide me about interview that what kind of questions are usually asked? Any hint plz

You will definitely get asked questions on behaviours

Communicating and influencing

Managing a quality service

And making effective decision

The questions will be around these behaviours

Exampke give us a time when you had to

communicate difficult message to someone

Give example of a time when you had to make a decision on a urgent situation

Give example when you managed a quality service

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending