The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Film & TV Production - interviews?

I've applied to study the Film & TV Production BSc at York and have had email saying they will not send out offers or be in touch until after Jan 25 deadline as course is very popular.
Have also heard there may be interviews before offers can anyone who is on the course tell me whether they had to interview, and if so, what it was like?
And how late are offers for this course usually sent out?
Hi there,

Thank you for your message!

Generally, Fim and TV Production won't be interviewing this year, although in some specific cases an interview may be required. All applications will be considered after 25th Jan deadline, and we aim to have all decisions made by 18th May, however in the majority of cases this will likely be much sooner.

I hope this helps!

Hannah :smile:
University of York
York
Original post by University of York
Hi there,

Thank you for your message!

Generally, Fim and TV Production won't be interviewing this year, although in some specific cases an interview may be required. All applications will be considered after 25th Jan deadline, and we aim to have all decisions made by 18th May, however in the majority of cases this will likely be much sooner.

I hope this helps!

Thanks Hannah!

I know you probably can't say yet but is it likely offers/decisions will be sooner rather than later was hoping to hear in February as York is the only one I am waiting for and I am worried about being late to apply for accommodation. (Does York allocate accommodation on a first come first served basis?) Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks Hannah!

I know you probably can't say yet but is it likely offers/decisions will be sooner rather than later was hoping to hear in February as York is the only one I am waiting for and I am worried about being late to apply for accommodation. (Does York allocate accommodation on a first come first served basis?) Thank you!

I'm glad I could help!

I'm so sorry, but I'm not sure when your offer will be released, if you'd like an update on the status of your application I'd recommend contacting the undergraduate admissions team via their email: [email protected]

In terms of accommodation, you have a greater chance of getting your preferred choice if you apply early, and firm offer holders are prioritised. I'd suggest keeping an eye on our accommodation webpage for when accommodation applications open.

I hope this helps, and I'm so sorry I can't provide any more specific details.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending