The Student Room Group

Is a favourite subject at school due to finding it easy?

Not due to genuine interest?
Sometimes.
Can also be due to a fantastic teacher, easy material to memorise or fun atmosphere due to a room filled with mostly enthusiastic and friendly classmates.
Well not really

I like Spanish because the people make it entertaining
The material may be more interesting or fun. I always liked business - excelled in management, marketing, and over all what evers. I have made a good plenty of marketing campaigns and business plans - they are like equivelant of playing a video game to me.
(edited 1 year ago)
I did find this not infrequently - even now to some extent, I tend to like subjects I do well in more than otherwise. People like to be told they're doing well after all!

However it's important to not be wholly carried away by simply being good at it, as eventually if you continue with the subject you'll find bits you aren't as good at, and that's when you really need to have a genuine interest to carry you through.

So, reasonable to stick with those subjects in school, when it comes to university and beyond, do think carefully about your motivations for pursuing a subject though :smile:
Reply 5
For me, I had the interest before the study and so before the grades.

But I am sure that the grade thing and finding them easy does come into it somewhere along the line.

I do love stuff I am crap at though, so there is always a different perspective.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending