The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Personal Statements

Personal statements are an essential part of any University application so you want to ensure you get it right and are 100% with what you send off. I would say a golden rule of any personal statement is to make sure you write it yourself Universities can spot copied personal statements! This isn't to say you cannot get someone to look over it for you. I had friends and relatives look over mine before sending it.

Another rule would be to make sure you check your spelling. I am awful at both spelling and punctuation so before sending mine I must have checked a million times.

Show your passion
Why do you want to study the subject you are applying for?
Have you done any work experience?

I know the student room has a section on personal statements
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/personal-statements/

But I am interested to hear if anyone else has any tips.

Rebecca York St John Student Rep
Personal statements are an essential part of any University application so you want to ensure you get it right and are 100% with what you send off. I would say a golden rule of any personal statement is to make sure you write it yourself Universities can spot copied personal statements! This isn't to say you cannot get someone to look over it for you. I had friends and relatives look over mine before sending it.

Another rule would be to make sure you check your spelling. I am awful at both spelling and punctuation so before sending mine I must have checked a million times

Show your passion
Why do you want to study the subject you are applying for?
Have you done any work experience?
I know the student room has a section on personal statement https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/personal-statements/

But I am interested to hear if anyone else has any tips.

Rebecca York St John Student Rep
(edited 1 year ago)
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending