The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Film Studies Essay Submission

Help.

I have an interview for Film Studies at the University of Warwick and need to send 'a short sample essay of academic written work.'

I don't do Film Studies at A Level (my school don't offer it) so was wondering if anyone know what sort of thing I should submit? I have some essays from my Drama and Theatre Studies A Level but they're not film-related at all. Should I write a Film essay?

Please advise
I had a similar query last year as I didn’t take film either. In the end I wrote a review of a film I saw at the time in a kind of critical style with a tiny bit of textual analysis. It was very basic stuff, they’re just looking to see if you’ve got the skills. I’m at Warwick now and there’s a real mix of people who did take it for a level and people who have never studied anything like it at all, so don’t worry, what you write will be great I’m sure!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by sophieedwardss
Help.

I have an interview for Film Studies at the University of Warwick and need to send 'a short sample essay of academic written work.'

I don't do Film Studies at A Level (my school don't offer it) so was wondering if anyone know what sort of thing I should submit? I have some essays from my Drama and Theatre Studies A Level but they're not film-related at all. Should I write a Film essay?

Please advise

hi!!
i had a warwick interview recently for film and literature where i wrote an essay. i was wondering how yours went if you've had your interview yet? :smile:
Original post by Shivipivi
I had a similar query last year as I didn’t take film either. In the end I wrote a review of a film I saw at the time in a kind of critical style with a tiny bit of textual analysis. It was very basic stuff, they’re just looking to see if you’ve got the skills. I’m at Warwick now and there’s a real mix of people who did take it for a level and people who have never studied anything like it at all, so don’t worry, what you write will be great I’m sure!

Fab thank you so much!
Fab thank you so much!

I’ve actually got my interview tomorrow! How was yours? Were there any rogue questions I should prepare for?😂
Original post by sof13w
hi!!
i had a warwick interview recently for film and literature where i wrote an essay. i was wondering how yours went if you've had your interview yet? :smile:
Reply 5
I’ve actually got my interview tomorrow! How was yours? Were there any rogue questions I should prepare for?😂

ooh good luck! no actually the interview was pretty relaxed and my interviewer was really nice, we spoke about a film and a piece of literature that i particularly like and then also about the essay i had to submit! i got an offer a week later!! best of luck
Original post by sof13w
ooh good luck! no actually the interview was pretty relaxed and my interviewer was really nice, we spoke about a film and a piece of literature that i particularly like and then also about the essay i had to submit! i got an offer a week later!! best of luck

aw congrats on your offer! I got one too FINALLY lol but have decided on exeter :smile:. Do you know where you're headed?

Quick Reply

Latest