The Student Room Group

Imperial / UCL Computer Science MSc 2023/24 Applicants

My references were sent in towards the end of November, but I still haven't heard back. Anyone still waiting?
Reply 1
I applied to UCL with my references completed at the start of November, application still listed as under assessment on Portico. They sure are taking their time haha!

I got offers from Bristol and Birmingham though! Have you applied anywhere else?
Original post by rev1221
I applied to UCL with my references completed at the start of November, application still listed as under assessment on Portico. They sure are taking their time haha!

I got offers from Bristol and Birmingham though! Have you applied anywhere else?

only those two! What’s your background? I’m a medic, self taught programming experience
Reply 3
That's awesome! I come from a humanities background and I'm actually currently studying at UCL as an undergraduate in my final year at the moment. I'm expecting to be rejected from UCL to be honest as my maths background isn't too strong (B in A Level) but we will see! I heard back from Birmingham in less than a week which was awesome whereas UCL have taken months :frown:!
Original post by rev1221
That's awesome! I come from a humanities background and I'm actually currently studying at UCL as an undergraduate in my final year at the moment. I'm expecting to be rejected from UCL to be honest as my maths background isn't too strong (B in A Level) but we will see! I heard back from Birmingham in less than a week which was awesome whereas UCL have taken months :frown:!

Congrats on Bham! Ahaha UCL are definitely playing hard to get. Good luck!

I seen that in previous years it’s taken 6 weeks, and there are some weeks at Xmas they’re not open, so you have to account for that. Just trying to work out how many Xmas weeks that would be
Original post by chillingfox3214
My references were sent in towards the end of November, but I still haven't heard back. Anyone still waiting?

Got my Imperial offer today! 8 weeks exactly
Reply 6
Nice one! Congrats on the Imperial offer! Do you think you'll take that even if you get UCL? I thought about applying there but then that would come with the added pressure of getting a first, and the course looks super theoretical!
Original post by rev1221
Nice one! Congrats on the Imperial offer! Do you think you'll take that even if you get UCL? I thought about applying there but then that would come with the added pressure of getting a first, and the course looks super theoretical!

No, I’m waiting on UCL tbh more focus on practical programming. Did you get an email yesterday from UCL just saying like “thanks we’ve received your application”. Very odd
Reply 8

Well done. Congratulations. What did you apply for?
Hey guys! I just set up a thread for anyone who applied and/or got offers from the UCL MSc Computer Science programme.
Hello, is this for general computer science? I applied to ML/AI courses at UCL and Imperial. Also have an offer from Imperial but still waiting on UCL. Think my offer might expire before they reply.

Hey do you mind telling me what your undergrad course is and what uni, also if u have an relevant work experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending