The Student Room Group

UCL Computer Science MSc 2023/2024 Applicants Discussion Thread

Hello everyone,

I wanted to start a discussion thread for people who are applying to the MSc Computer Science program at UCL for the 2023 start date. I thought it would be great for us to get to know each other, discuss our applications and share our experiences.

A little about myself: I am a Biomedical Sciences graduate with no tech background. I have been self-teaching coding languages recently though. I submitted my application at the start of February 2023 and was thrilled to receive an offer from UCL just 2 days after my references were completed.

If you're applying to the program, or have already received an offer, feel free to introduce yourself and share your thoughts.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Scroll to see replies

applied late nov . no response yet
Original post by techguywannabe
Hello everyone,

I wanted to start a discussion thread for people who are applying to the MSc Computer Science program at UCL for the 2023 start date. I thought it would be great for us to get to know each other, discuss our applications and share our experiences.

A little about myself: I am a Biomedical Sciences graduate with no tech background. I have been self-teaching coding languages recently though. I submitted my application at the start of February 2023 and was thrilled to receive an offer from UCL just 2 days after my references were completed.

If you're applying to the program, or have already received an offer, feel free to introduce yourself and share your thoughts.

did u applied on fab but already got response? i applied on end of nov still not response .... does it mean im on waitlist ? ,,,lol
Original post by Duri2602
did u applied on fab but already got response? i applied on end of nov still not response .... does it mean im on waitlist ? ,,,lol

I was surprised to hear that I got accepted so quickly. Admissions decisions can be influenced by a variety of factors, so it's hard to say why our timelines were different. Have you tried contacting the admissions office to see if they have any updates on your application status? Sometimes a quick phone call or email can help speed things up.
Reply 4
I was surprised to hear that I got accepted so quickly. Admissions decisions can be influenced by a variety of factors, so it's hard to say why our timelines were different. Have you tried contacting the admissions office to see if they have any updates on your application status? Sometimes a quick phone call or email can help speed things up.

That’s really fast, they say they look at applications on a rolling basis - did you email or call them to get an answer that quick?
Original post by Amythi
That’s really fast, they say they look at applications on a rolling basis - did you email or call them to get an answer that quick?

I did not contact them at all. I can only assume that my first class grade and my application overall was strong enough for them to consider my application that quick. But again, every application is different and there could be other factors involved. What's your background and when did you apply?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Hello everyone,

Did they ask you for an interview?
Reply 7
What were the conditions of the offer?
Original post by arashic
Did they ask you for an interview?

Nope
Original post by sn2202
What were the conditions of the offer?

Unconditional
Reply 10
Anyone else received any update on their application? I applied end of Jan and still waiting..
Also applied end of Feb and received offer mid March
Hi, I am a final-year Biomedical Science student. I am also waiting for their reply and it has been almost four months since I applied.
Hello everyone,

What coding experience do you have?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by marthacjones
Also applied end of Feb and received offer mid March

Congrats on your offer! Are you going to accept it?
Original post by lostLost
Hi, I am a final-year Biomedical Science student. I am also waiting for their reply and it has been almost four months since I applied.

Hey! That is actually really long. Hope you hear back from them soon!
Original post by lostLost
What coding experience do you have?

I’ve done a few online courses and projects with Python.
Original post by leapfx
Anyone else received any update on their application? I applied end of Jan and still waiting..

They should be sending out updates soon. Good luck with your application!
Reply 18
Hello everyone,

Congrats on the offer from UCL! I’m also a biomedical science graduate. I was wondering if you did maths A-level or had any maths in your degree?
Original post by JadeRubyx
Congrats on the offer from UCL! I’m also a biomedical science graduate. I was wondering if you did maths A-level or had any maths in your degree?

Thank you! I wouldn’t say there was a significant level of Maths in my degree tbh. But I did Maths at A level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending