The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Not sure about my course

Hi. I have an unconditional offer to study law. After some tought I decided that I no longer want to do law and I do not think it's right for me anymore as I lost all attraction to it. As I haven't started university yet, is it possible to change courses and if so what process will I have to go through?
Have you used all 5 choices on your UCAS form? If so, once they're all back speak with those who have offered to see if they'll offer you an alternative course. If you've not used all choices, add another course and cross fingers that personal statement relevant enough. Otherwise there's always clearing... or take a gap year and take the time to rethink.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by Spiderman03
Have you used all 5 choices on your UCAS form? If so, once they're all back speak with those who have offered to see if they'll offer you an alternative course. If you've not used all choices, add another course and cross fingers that personal statement relevant enough. Otherwise there's always clearing... or take a gap year and take the time to rethink.

I have used all of my choices as I sent my application off in November, I was thinking of doing an International Bussiness Management at Lincoln but I want to know if it is possible for me to switch without taking a gap year as that isn't a possible option for me.
Give admissions a call. You have nothing to lose.
Original post by dimmelamashutu
Hi. I have an unconditional offer to study law. After some tought I decided that I no longer want to do law and I do not think it's right for me anymore as I lost all attraction to it. As I haven't started university yet, is it possible to change courses and if so what process will I have to go through?

Hi @dimmelamashutu,

First of all, congratulations on your offer to study law!

What I would recommend, if you haven't done already, is contacting admissions. They will be able to take you through the process, and help you come up with the best possible outcome for yourself. They can be contacted on 01522 886097 or [email protected].

If you are still on the fence about what to do, it might be worth speaking to a student ambassador on Unibuddy. They can talk to you about their experiences of studying at Lincoln. You can filter your search so that you can speak to a student who studies Law. You can talk to them here.

I hope this helps you, and please get in touch if you have any questions or concerns - we're here to help!

Best of luck,
Olivia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest