The Student Room Group

Got an interview for mpharm and am stressing 😭😭

got through to the interview process for moharm at Medway and I'm not sure how to prepare for it.
I looked at the website and it just says to bring ID and look at the standards of pharmacy professionals for preparation but I will have An informal chat with Medway School of Pharmacy student ambassadors, for you to ask any questions about our School and the programme.
3 short assessments (basic maths, personal values and a fitness to practise declaration).
An interview on professionalism, communication and scientific knowledge.
I'm stressing for the actual interview portion and the chat since I'm assuming the student ambassadors will share their thoughts with the admissions people possibly?
and depending on the situation I can be kinda awkward? Ahh scared man
I heard the maths questions are rest simple stuff but I’m hoping I don’t have a Brain fart moment n just get it wrong since I haven’t done mental maths in a while 😭
If anyone has any advice it'll be very helpful like what type of questions,what to prepare what to wear anything at all will be helpful thankyouuu
Pharmacy 2023 - applicants thread

this is a thread with lots of pharmacy interview advice so id recommend posting ur question there too

in terms of maths most people say the questions are no harder than gcse level so maybe just search up medicine/pharmacy drug calculations and have a practice of those and maybe percentages. its unlikely theyd ask u smth on a random topic like vectors.
practice questions like why pharmacy, why this uni, what are the challenges facing pharmacists, ethical scenarios etc.
have little practice sessions with friends and family (even for like 5-10 mins) itll help w ur communication skills
wear something smart like work trousers and a blazer maybe or like a smart shirt/jumper: basically you want to portray a professional image
write out like bullet point prompts for key qualities linked to a pharmacist such as teamwork, communication, empathy, respect, professionalism etc. ie. under each key quality bullet point a time you have shown it and why its important for a pharmacist to have these qualities. dont learn it word for word as you dont want to sound rehearsed but its just a good way for u to have an example if ur asked about it

Original post by snipple
got through to the interview process for moharm at Medway and I'm not sure how to prepare for it.
I looked at the website and it just says to bring ID and look at the standards of pharmacy professionals for preparation but I will have An informal chat with Medway School of Pharmacy student ambassadors, for you to ask any questions about our School and the programme.
3 short assessments (basic maths, personal values and a fitness to practise declaration).
I'm stressing for the actual interview portion and the chat since I'm assuming the student ambassadors will share their thoughts with the admissions people possibly?
I heard the maths questions are rest simple stuff but I’m hoping I don’t have a Brain fart moment n just get it wrong since I haven’t done mental maths in a while 😭
If anyone has any advice it'll be very helpful like what type of questions,what to prepare what to wear anything at all will be helpful thankyouuu
Reply 2
Original post by tiredstudent234_
Pharmacy 2023 - applicants thread

this is a thread with lots of pharmacy interview advice so id recommend posting ur question there too

in terms of maths most people say the questions are no harder than gcse level so maybe just search up medicine/pharmacy drug calculations and have a practice of those and maybe percentages. its unlikely theyd ask u smth on a random topic like vectors.
practice questions like why pharmacy, why this uni, what are the challenges facing pharmacists, ethical scenarios etc.
have little practice sessions with friends and family (even for like 5-10 mins) itll help w ur communication skills
wear something smart like work trousers and a blazer maybe or like a smart shirt/jumper: basically you want to portray a professional image
write out like bullet point prompts for key qualities linked to a pharmacist such as teamwork, communication, empathy, respect, professionalism etc. ie. under each key quality bullet point a time you have shown it and why its important for a pharmacist to have these qualities. dont learn it word for word as you dont want to sound rehearsed but its just a good way for u to have an example if ur asked about it

I love u omg thanks so much
Original post by snipple
I love u omg thanks so much

Ahaha no worries!!
Reply 5
Original post by snipple

I have my interview tomorrow, I assume you have yours. Any advice?
Original post by snipple

Hi @snipple

Congratulations on your interview!

It is totally normal to feel anxious before an interview, however, there are many ways to prepare and keep as calm as possible.
Make sure you know what you have included in your personal statement and try to think of possible questions that could be asked from that.
You could also try and YouTube some examples of pharmacy calculations which may help in preparation for the maths exam.

You could try practicing potential questions with friends or family or even with yourself (in front of the mirror, video yourself etc), this may help with gathering your thoughts and can help boost your confidence.

Try to keep calm by allocating time to do your favourite activities and hobbies, it's really important that you have a work-life balance and are fresh for this interview.
You could also try breathing exercises and try to keep a positive mind set beforehand.

I hope this has been of some help!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending