The Student Room Group

Did I work this the wrong way or is this person a bit odd?

I remember having a casual conversation with the people at the sports club I go to. I had recently passed my driving test and was talking about it. I said now that I have a car I am going to go out when it’s quiet and practice a bit. A man then said in a serious way ‘let me know when you are going out practicing will you, I’l stay home. It’s a serious thing driving you don’t practice’.

The way I meant it was that I would go for drives to build my confidence up. I am not sure how he interpreted it.

Do you think I worded it wrong or is he just a bit odd?
hard to say as I wasn't there so can't tell tone etc
sound like it was a joke or miscommunication
You're overthinking, 'Tell me when you're driving and I'll stay home!' is pretty common banter. And quite a few drivers would maybe raise an eyebrow at 'practice' from a driver who had passed, feeling that practice is for parking lots, driving lessons and tests it's kind of like P plates, you're sort of volunteering that you don't really know what you are doing.
Original post by StriderHort
quite a few drivers would maybe raise an eyebrow at 'practice' from a driver who had passed

I've been driving for over 40 years and I'm STILL practising, as every good driver should!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending