The Student Room Group

what quotes/how many quotes should i learn for the Power and Conflict AQA GCSE paper?

hello

yes yes I know that in theory you should know 5 quotes for all poems and whatever and their forms and what not. but I know two at the moment quite well (London and Exposure), and I was wondering if I should/need to learn more, and if I do which ones tie in the best?

thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by superduper123
hello

yes yes I know that in theory you should know 5 quotes for all poems and whatever and their forms and what not. but I know two at the moment quite well (London and Exposure), and I was wondering if I should/need to learn more, and if I do which ones tie in the best?

thanks!

i skipped a few poems that i knew i didnt want to talk about (due to length/i didnt undertsand them well/ just didnt like talking about them) but in my experience you should not skip more than 5 of them.
i cant remember what the poems were about but try to learn quotes from the ones that have multiple prominent themes
legit learn 5 for all and know how to write analysis and compare then ez 9
I don't think you need to do as many as 5 for all poems, 3-5 is adequate.
Reply 4
Original post by AmIReallyHere
I don't think you need to do as many as 5 for all poems, 3-5 is adequate.

what grade did you get?:smile:
Original post by superduper123
hello

thanks!

Theyre only gonna talk about a set number of themes, so you just need to know 2 poems for each theme and then a bit about the others. I'm doing Ozymandias, Charge of the L.B, kamikaze, checking out me history and poppies. You only need 5 as long as you can cover each theme twice. I would recomend kamikaze that goes with almost all the themes.
Original post by lmdelmfrl4m
Theyre only gonna talk about a set number of themes, so you just need to know 2 poems for each theme and then a bit about the others. I'm doing Ozymandias, Charge of the L.B, kamikaze, checking out me history and poppies. You only need 5 as long as you can cover each theme twice. I would recomend kamikaze that goes with almost all the themes.

they've done their exam by now
Reply 7
Original post by lmdelmfrl4m

i learned 2 and was 1 mark from a 9

Quick Reply

Latest