The Student Room Group

Aberystwyth Entrance Exam??

So the Aber entrance exam is in a few days, and I’ve just had my last few uni offers. I applied for four and all four gave me conditional offers. Aber was my lowest asking grades at BBC, the rest being BBB or higher, and I’m doubtful that I’ll want to settle for a uni that’s got lower asking grades. Should I drop out of the entrance exam and just discount it from the unis I’ll accept? How many offers can I accept?
You have to firm one offer and insure another so make one your top choice and one your back up.
I wouldn’t pick a uni based on what grades they are offering you, my top choice and arguably the best university I’ve applied to is Bristol and that’s my lowest offer.
If you want to go there, that’s a bonus they’ve given you lower grades! If you are sure you don’t want to go then by all means withdraw, I also withdrew from one of my places because quite bluntly I cba to attend the interview and I knew I wouldn’t go there so it wasn’t worth dealing with.
You’ve gotta do what works for you and for your own reasons!
Original post by GhostFyre
So the Aber entrance exam is in a few days, and I’ve just had my last few uni offers. I applied for four and all four gave me conditional offers. Aber was my lowest asking grades at BBC, the rest being BBB or higher, and I’m doubtful that I’ll want to settle for a uni that’s got lower asking grades. Should I drop out of the entrance exam and just discount it from the unis I’ll accept? How many offers can I accept?

The exams are optional anyway. What subject are you applying for?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
The exams are optional anyway. What subject are you applying for?

I’ve applied for biological sciences, so in the test I’ve put down that I’ll do the Bio 1 & 2 tests
I’ve applied for biological sciences, so in the test I’ve put down that I’ll do the Bio 1 & 2 tests

If you dont want to go there withdraw. Aberystwyth entrance exams are usually for extra funding but it is important you are comfortable there as you are there for 3 years wherever you go

Hi there,
It's great to hear that you've applied to Aberystwyth!
Like mentioned above - don't be discouraged because of the grade offer, if you like a university you should for it! If you're still not sure if you want to go to Aberystwyth or not, I think it's still a good idea to do the Entrance Exams, think of it as practice for your A Level exams. You have nothing to loose by doing them and you might end up receiving £2000!

Please let me know if I can help with anything else at all :smile:
Anna

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending