The Student Room Group

Do I need UCAS for an application for the same university I have studied

Do I need UCAS for an application for the same university I have studied previously
Do you mean that you've studied and completed a full degree in this uni previously, and are now applying for a new one? Or do you mean that you're shifting courses within the same uni?
Original post by Veselina-A
Do I need UCAS for an application for the same university I have studied previously

Original post by sleep_supremacy
Do you mean that you've studied and completed a full degree in this uni previously, and are now applying for a new one? Or do you mean that you're shifting courses within the same uni?

Or do mean that you previously dropped out and you now want to rejoin the same university?
Reply 3
Yes, I want to rejoin.
Yes, I want to rejoin.

It would seem wise to contact the university directly in the first instance, to establish the likelihood of you being accepted and to establish whether you'd be able to join at any point other than the first year. However, to quote another recent post here on TSR...

Original post by PQ
Direct application are only temporary- all applicants for full time undergraduate degrees have to go through UCAS eventually

I assume that this applies to your "rejoin" scenario, but I'm sure @PQ will let us both know if that's not the case.
Usually if it's is rejoining after a temporary withdrawal it will be dealt with internally. If it was a permanent withdrawal it will be a fresh application via UCAS.
Reply 6
What about taking the previous UCAS ID details.
Did you take a leave of absence or did you withdraw
Reply 8
I am not sure
What about taking the previous UCAS ID details.

What about it?

The above is correct. Contact the university.

Depending on how you left then they might be able to reinstate your student record but if not then you will need to apply through UCAS.
Yes, so I have past first year, and withdrew after the second. Now I want to undertake a different course at the same university.
Yes, so I have past first year, and withdrew after the second. Now I want to undertake a different course at the same university.

You'll need to contact the uni to confirm whether this was actioned as a permanent withdrawal. If so, you'll need to submit a new UCAS application.
Thanks 😉.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending