The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

aqfrenzy
dont poke friends of friends. its lame they'll probably think you're a creep and their friends of friends will talk and think you're weird.

well i got the idea from here - http://www.alovelinksplus.com/advice/dating_dynamics/use-facebook.htm
Reply 41
Anonymous
keep anon please or delete

i think i will eventually die single as no girl has ever in my life seemed remotely interested in me. at my age (22) it seems like life is over. i don't look great but personality wise i am super shy. i don't know how to get rid of this shyness. i've tried before but no luck. is there any hope for me or should i start planning to live alone and die alone?

get drunk
Loneliness is liberating.

No, really it is.
Anonymous

i think i will eventually die single as no girl has ever in my life seemed remotely interested in me. at my age (22) it seems like life is over. i don't look great but personality wise i am super shy. i don't know how to get rid of this shyness. i've tried before but no luck. is there any hope for me or should i start planning to live alone and die alone?

Your still young, you have plenty of time to meet girls, be patient, no-one says you have to settle down early or shag as many girls as you can before you reach a certain age, take every day as it comes and enjoy life, a damsel in distress will come your way eventually.
Reply 44
Nil.Recurring

No, really it is.

it is, but not until youre 28 and you want to write fiction.
Rubaiyat
it is, but not until youre 28 and you want to write fiction.

I'm only 21 and I love to be alone!

My perfect saturday night is listening to my favourite music in my room instead of clubbing or whatever.

But I'm strange!

But seriously, OP, take it easy. I have felt very alone at certain points in my life. Infact, until very recently I was still after a girl that dumped me ages ago. But I've been feeling great the past few days.

Nothing changed in my life, except I just changed my attitude towards the entire thing.

Everything happens in time. :smile:
Reply 46
You don't need a girl to be happy, things will happen in time.
basically: lesson.
if you like a girl, say so.
i never get guys approaching me. but everybody wants t **** me. theres another thread about this too. i had a huge self- confidence issue because men wouldnt go up to me and nobody would ask me out, but it was because they were intimidated. i felt like ****, like nobody found me attractive. but its because of the opposite. the issue hasnt been sorted, and ive foudn that the only attention ill ever get from men (apart from the staring) is in response to me (MEGA) flirting with them ( i used to be a huge believer in male chivalry, but i know now thst theyre mostly ******* wimps or perverts)
Anonymous
basically: lesson.
if you like a girl, say so.
i never get guys approaching me. but everybody wants t **** me. theres another thread about this too. i had a huge self- confidence issue because men wouldnt go up to me and nobody would ask me out, but it was because they were intimidated. i felt like ****, like nobody found me attractive. but its because of the opposite. the issue hasnt been sorted, and ive foudn that the only attention ill ever get from men (apart from the staring) is in response to me (MEGA) flirting with them ( i used to be a huge believer in male chivalry, but i know now thst theyre mostly ******* wimps or perverts)

However much I disagree with the latter part of that post, I do very much agree with the opening. If you like a girl, say so. If you're not very good at the whole chat-up lines thing, then get into some normal conversations away from bars and clubs or whatever. I do find that girls ask guys out a lot less than guys ask girls out.

Find a new environment. Start going to the gym, swimming, heck, any sort of new interest or hobby. Join a club, society or group. To get a girl, you're going to have to meet some first. If all you're doing is sitting in lectures all day or moping around the house, leaving only to pop down to the corner shop for bread and milk twice a week, you're not really going to meet anyone.

There's a lot more to life than girls, and if you find a hobby you're interested in and meet a girl there, it's a double-whammy.

You know you don't want to even attempt suicide. Not only is it the coward's way out, a waste of a life and something which you can't reverse if suddenly you don't like it, but it affects everyone else around you. Anyone who's known you will be upset, people will be distraught for years and lifetimes.

You're young. You can relive what you've got so far at least 5 times over. Not only is there plenty of time to meet girls, but there's plenty of time to do whatever you want to do.
Reply 49
Try men.
tradingmyheartforyours
1) You will probably not die single.
2) Typically girls hide their interest a lot for fear of rejection.
3) 22 is still really young, you have time yet.
4) You have to have more confidence, put yourself out there.
5) Shyness is attractive, you have to carry off that shy guy mystique :yep:
6) What have you tried? :confused:
7) You need have a strategy, build up to bigger things. Build friendships with girls then see if there is chemistry.
8) Make the first move, the reaction may surprise you. e.g. I like guys who make the first move.
9) Don't give up!
10) Age wise: 22 is a definate plus point - I like 22year olds because they have more maturity.

Look at what you are good at and see how you can meet girls through that. Hope I helped

really?
krisstassen
really?

Yeah, for example if I like someone I would avidly avoid them (to some extent) so they don't know. As such it means I can entertain the thoughts of being with them but not actually facing the rejection which would put a damper on things. :p:

It can be done. Girls can be as emotionally guarded as guys.:yep:
BJack
There's more to life than girls, you know.

:yep:

For now, actively search for something to make your life worthwhile. That process may in itself may improve your spirits. Find something that you can be good at, even if you're not at the moment.
BJack
There's more to life than girls, you know.

agreed OP sorry but this is a ridiculous idealolgoy - killing yourself cos you cant get a woman there are people with real emotional and pyhiscal disorders adn problem and your coming on here with this?????? Get a bloody grip. And yes i know im insensetive but him coming out here with this makes a mockery of those with real issues not this......................

quick tip kinda hard to score when your dead

Try a dating site you have a pay a bit but youl be able to at least meet people, just dont write date me or il kill myself in your personal profile or your not going to get anywhere

tradingmyheartforyours
Yeah, for example if I like someone I would avidly avoid them (to some extent) so they don't know. As such it means I can entertain the thoughts of being with them but not actually facing the rejection which would put a damper on things. :p:

It can be done. Girls can be as emotionally guarded as guys.:yep:

then chances are youd come on here and say "why doesnt he notice me?":p:

females lol
Reply 54
Anonymous

Are you in my class?
Reply 55
Nil.Recurring

No, really it is.

I think your trying to say something different than loneliness.
like:
silence
solitary
stillness
and yea with those there is some good from it as the world becomes quiet around you.
Reply 56
silverbolt
agreed OP sorry but this is a ridiculous idealolgoy - killing yourself cos you cant get a woman there are people with real emotional and pyhiscal disorders adn problem and your coming on here with this?????? Get a bloody grip. And yes i know im insensetive but him coming out here with this makes a mockery of those with real issues not this......................

quick tip kinda hard to score when your dead

Try a dating site you have a pay a bit but youl be able to at least meet people, just dont write date me or il kill myself in your personal profile or your not going to get anywhere

then chances are youd come on here and say "why doesnt he notice me?":p:

females lol
correct! way more people have it worse than not having a girlfriend.and sometimes insensetivity may be good, gets truth across.

everybody got to suffer, with out it...we may never grow.
Reply 57
I like you! :-)
Have you tried online? I mean it might seem like a completely stupid thing, but more and more people are actually hooking up online, and it working.
Reply 59
OP give us the top 5 reasons which explain your failure with girls thus far.

Latest

Trending

Trending