The Student Room Group

Film Portfolio

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
thank you again :biggrin:
teukiechul
ooooh sorry,
i have another question

how long do the interviews usually take?

I've got an interview at Bradford next wednesday and they said the interview would be 20 minutes...
Reply 82
TimInTheNorth
I've got an interview at Bradford next wednesday and they said the interview would be 20 minutes...

oooh, thank you :smile:
I have written 3 film essays and in total, with background images and general images included, they total to 13 pages.

As for reviews, they total to 5 pages.

In total, that's 18 pages worth of writing, including images and background images and the like but it's mainly text based. Is that too much?

So that's:
3 Film Essays = 13 pages
3 Film Reviews = 5 pages
= 18 Pages

In addition to that I have:
3 Title Pages = 3 Pages
Photography = 4 Pages
1 Storyboard = 2 Pages
2 Script Extracts = 2 Pages
2 Film Montage Canvas Photos = 2 Pages
= 13 Pages

OVERALL TOTAL = 31 Pages.

Is that too much for one film portfolio, especially with all those text based essays and reviews?

Will +rep those who help.

Thank you in advance.
Reply 84
My portfolio consists of around 30 pages, so I wouldn't say it was too much.

Perhaps I'm biased.
Reply 85
spacecowboy_89
I have written 3 film essays and in total, with background images and general images included, they total to 13 pages.

As for reviews, they total to 5 pages.

In total, that's 18 pages worth of writing, including images and background images and the like but it's mainly text based. Is that too much?

So that's:
3 Film Essays = 13 pages
3 Film Reviews = 5 pages
= 18 Pages

In addition to that I have:
3 Title Pages = 3 Pages
Photography = 4 Pages
1 Storyboard = 2 Pages
2 Script Extracts = 2 Pages
2 Film Montage Canvas Photos = 2 Pages
= 13 Pages

OVERALL TOTAL = 31 Pages.

Is that too much for one film portfolio, especially with all those text based essays and reviews?

Thank you in advance.

It's not TOO much; but you really only need one essay and one film review, just to use as examples. :smile:
Reply 86
spacecowboy_89

Thank you in advance.

Film essays and reviews I would just put in a plastic wallet each, from experience the interviewers seemed to like the proof of theory and asked about what I had said rather than reading. So as long as the question is visible.

Best of luck with your interviews :smile:
Thanks a lot for the help. :smile:

By putting them into a plastic wallet each, do you mean each page or do you mean like, say an essay was 3 pages, that I should put them all 3 pages in 1wallet sheet, one behind the other?
$loth
the interviewers seemed to like the proof of theory and asked about what I had said rather than reading.

Yes, I was at Bradford for an interview yesterday (probably only mu insurance choice) but they had merely glanced at the stuff, they were more interested in myself being able to explain what I had written down. The same applies to any films you might take, they were keen for me to explain my process of working on my projects etc. (it was also a very informal interview but I know this isnt always the case)

good luck.
Reply 89
spacecowboy_89
Thanks a lot for the help. :smile:

By putting them into a plastic wallet each, do you mean each page or do you mean like, say an essay was 3 pages, that I should put them all 3 pages in 1wallet sheet, one behind the other?

All pages from an essay in one.
$loth
All pages from an essay in one.

Okay thanks. May keep all 3 essays in the portfolio after all then.

Was wondering if it was worth me including a top 10 films of all time list I made which is only one A4 page but then that might be a bit...uninspired and bland?

I was also wondering if anyone had any ideas of things to include in my portfolio that are NOT text-heavy i.e. film reviews / essays / scripts.

Storyboard, Check.
Photos, Check.

They're the only things I have that are not text based. Ideally I want 50% of the portfolio to be visual, the rest theoretical. Any other ideas anyone may have? :\

Cheers.
Reply 91
I am actually bricking it because I have NO moving image texts to put in my portfolio. Ive only ever made 2 on A level course, both crap and unavailable unless I reaallly twist some arms. Help anyone?
"Moving image texts"?
A text is a piece of media, a newspaper article, a magazine article or a film. So he means films basically but using 'fancy' language.
Figured as much.
Reply 95
just me again, i was just wondering if you get your film portfolio back, or do you just make more than one copy... So three unis want to see it, do you make 3 copies? Thanks :smile:
Usually you get it back, say, you take it in wiht you, sit there whilst they review it and then have it back. Haven't known any other ways of doing it be honest.
Reply 97
ahhh okies, thank you :smile:
Is it okay to show an extract of a script from one of my films, with a complementary storyboard and production design sketch for the same film OR do they have to be for different films? i.e. sketch for film A, storyboard for film B, script for film C.

Cheers!
Reply 99
sorry to interupt here, but from these universites which one would you recommend for the course Film and Video Production at Derby University or Film Production at UCA and why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending