The Student Room Group

durham Law

Hi, I just recieved my lnat score which was 28/42, and the national average was 22. I have AAB grades but i am retaking the B grade and am predicted an A*. I believe durham doesnt really descriminate against retakes so i technically am applying with A*AA. My personal statement is strong af I THINK...

Do i have an ok chance to get an offer? im nervous lol
Wow! Your application mirrors mine to a fault almost. I to have applied to Durham with an LNAT score of 28 and as a gap year student having achieved A*A*B (retaking B, predicted A*) and an A* EPQ.

I know for a fact that Durham does not discriminate against retakes as I emailed the universities I was applying for prior to submitting my application.

I'm awaiting to hear from Durham and Bristol, I will reply to this thread in the event I receive an offer and I encourage you to do the same. We've progressed to this point so try to be less nervous and have some confidence in your ability given you're in the position you are in.

Original post by Fatsuki
Hi, I just recieved my lnat score which was 28/42, and the national average was 22. I have AAB grades but i am retaking the B grade and am predicted an A*. I believe durham doesnt really descriminate against retakes so i technically am applying with A*AA. My personal statement is strong af I THINK...

Do i have an ok chance to get an offer? im nervous lol
Reply 2
Haha thanks good luck to ya. also wtf hahaha they are very similar. I've also got A* in epq and gap yearring. Lets hope they reply soon, i feel like durham will cause they usually should for when people receive their lnat score.
Original post by Fatsuki
Haha thanks good luck to ya. also wtf hahaha they are very similar. I've also got A* in epq and gap yearring. Lets hope they reply soon, i feel like durham will cause they usually should for when people receive their lnat score.

True. In order to cope with the waiting I try to remind myself that god things come with time and that immediacy isn’t everything. Where else have you applied?
Reply 4
I went pretty safe with birmingham south hampton lancaster and cardiff. ive gotten my unconditionals from all but birmingham which hasnt replied but yknow.

Also ik its jumping the gun incredibly, but does durham ever give reduced law offers if lnat scores are well above average, like ours?
Original post by Fatsuki
I went pretty safe with birmingham south hampton lancaster and cardiff. ive gotten my unconditionals from all but birmingham which hasnt replied but yknow.

Also ik its jumping the gun incredibly, but does durham ever give reduced law offers if lnat scores are well above average, like ours?

Lol no. I believe the Durham student average is also 29 so your grade is nothing special.
Original post by LawStudent456
Lol no. I believe the Durham student average is also 29 so your grade is nothing special.

Actually I have reason to believe otherwise.

I have found a request that was forwarded to Durham under the FOI Act 2000 which was successful. The average LNAT score for a successful Durham LLB offer holder Durham in the 2021-2022 cycle was 23.89, this pertains to both conditional and unconditional offers. I do believe another request was forwarded in the prior admissions cycle which saw a slightly higher average of 24.05 however I cannot link for this though please refer to the 2021-22 request link.

I believe that your suggestion that the average was 29 is sourced from either the Arbitio page (https://www.arbitio.co.uk/guides/lnat_university_scores) and or the lawyer portal page (https://www.thelawyerportal.com/lnat/lnat-guide/lnat-scores/#:~:text=Average%20LNAT%20Scores%20The%20average%20score%20for%20the,See%20the%20average%20scores%20for%20previous%20years%20below%3A) which suggest such a score was the average. However, this is anecdotal evidence which both sources have admitted with little rationale to support this, the facts I present however are directly from Durham University
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lnat_scoring_2022_cycle_4
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Fatsuki

Hello again,

Well done for the offers!

No unfortunately not, Durham will not offer a reduced law offer under any circumstances barring extenuating circumstances which has a set 2 piece criteria.

I also have an offer from Cardiff, are you going to the open days?
Original post by Jaiden196
Actually I have reason to believe otherwise.

I have found a request that was forwarded to Durham under the FOI Act 2000 which was successful. The average LNAT score for a successful Durham LLB offer holder Durham in the 2021-2022 cycle was 23.89, this pertains to both conditional and unconditional offers. I do believe another request was forwarded in the prior admissions cycle which saw a slightly higher average of 24.05 however I cannot link for this though please refer to the 2021-22 request link.

I believe that your suggestion that the average was 29 is sourced from either the Arbitio page (https://www.arbitio.co.uk/guides/lnat_university_scores) and or the lawyer portal page (https://www.thelawyerportal.com/lnat/lnat-guide/lnat-scores/#:~:text=Average%20LNAT%20Scores%20The%20average%20score%20for%20the,See%20the%20average%20scores%20for%20previous%20years%20below%3A) which suggest such a score was the average. However, this is anecdotal evidence which both sources have admitted with little rationale to support this, the facts I present however are directly from Durham University
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/lnat_scoring_2022_cycle_4

Didn’t read. You still aren’t getting a reduced offer

Average student room user, my reply isn’t even in reference to a reduced offer. I’m aware of the fact that Durham does not provide reduced offers except for in extenuating circumstances.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Jaiden196
Hello again,

Well done for the offers!

No unfortunately not, Durham will not offer a reduced law offer under any circumstances barring extenuating circumstances which has a set 2 piece criteria.

I also have an offer from Cardiff, are you going to the open days?

Alright sweet. yeah i wasnt expecting at all the chance for a reduced offer i was just a lil curious the possibilities for stuff. Also meh i cant really be bothered to go off to Wales for a uni i probs wont choose in the end. If i do get my durham offer, i might do a lil country trip with the fam to check them out.
Reply 11

Its too early for this kinda attitude brother. go have a coffee and chill out son
Original post by Fatsuki
Its too early for this kinda attitude brother. go have a coffee and chill out son

Hey man,

Remember me? I got my offer from Durham yesterday, are you still waiting or have you heard back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending