The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

PhD Application including President 's scholarship at Imperial College

I applied for a PhD in Mathematics admission at Imperial College October, 2022. I have not heard from the department, Do I need to contact the department? Or the admission was rejected?
Original post by Naomititilayo
I applied for a PhD in Mathematics admission at Imperial College October, 2022. I have not heard from the department, Do I need to contact the department? Or the admission was rejected?

Were you in contact with a potential supervisor, that is really a key thing for a scholarship application and your best source of information on how an application is progressing.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Were you in contact with a potential supervisor, that is really a key thing for a scholarship application and your best source of information on how an application is progressing.

I was unable to get a supervisor as at the time I applied, so I just submitted the application
Original post by Naomititilayo
I was unable to get a supervisor as at the time I applied, so I just submitted the application

Sorry, but that almost certainly means that you were not put forward by a research group for a scholarship, that scheme is hyper competitive and goes through several rounds of review at group and then department level before a few get sent on to College. Yes, you should contact maths about your application but if you are not a UK national funding is very unlikely at this point I am afraid.
Alright, thank you for the information
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Sorry, but that almost certainly means that you were not put forward by a research group for a scholarship, that scheme is hyper competitive and goes through several rounds of review at group and then department level before a few get sent on to College. Yes, you should contact maths about your application but if you are not a UK national funding is very unlikely at this point I am afraid.

Alright, thank you for the information
Reply 6
Hi all,

Someone has exposed a problem in which a Turkish student received a PhD position and a President scholarship with fake CV.

https://twitter.com/metabolin_/statu...30161104838658

A complaint is filed to the university but obviously someone internal (possibly his former supervisor) tried to conceal it.

Any other suggestions to expose this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending