The Student Room Group

Waitlist for PWC and HSBC

On the waitlist for both PWC and HSBC after their assessment centre :///How likely is it I will get an offer and is there anything I could do to increase the chances. I should have performed better but oh well ig..
Original post by finance12345
On the waitlist for both PWC and HSBC after their assessment centre :///How likely is it I will get an offer and is there anything I could do to increase the chances. I should have performed better but oh well ig..

Please don't beat yourself up. To get to the AC stage in itself is a HUGE achievement! Thousands of applications didn't reach that stage. Being on the waitlist means that both companies think you are more than capable of the job, and are a great fit. So that is no small feat, you should be proud of yourself.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can do to increase the chances, however by being on the waitlist of 2 companies means you've doubled your chances. Unfortunately, it is impossible to say how likely it is for you to be given an offer - however I have read multiple accounts on TSR stating that they were given offers after being on the waitlist. People decline their offers *all the time* which is why companies need waitlists. So keep applying to other roles and carrying on the job search but don't lose all hope, it is still possible that one of them call you back!
Thank you so much! Yeah I honestly I hope i get at least one of the 2. Do you think I should email them now and then asking for any updates or shall I just leave it? I was put on the pwc waitlist in early dec and still no news :/

Original post by gradgirl123
Please don't beat yourself up. To get to the AC stage in itself is a HUGE achievement! Thousands of applications didn't reach that stage. Being on the waitlist means that both companies think you are more than capable of the job, and are a great fit. So that is no small feat, you should be proud of yourself.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can do to increase the chances, however by being on the waitlist of 2 companies means you've doubled your chances. Unfortunately, it is impossible to say how likely it is for you to be given an offer - however I have read multiple accounts on TSR stating that they were given offers after being on the waitlist. People decline their offers *all the time* which is why companies need waitlists. So keep applying to other roles and carrying on the job search but don't lose all hope, it is still possible that one of them call you back!
Thank you so much! Yeah I honestly I hope i get at least one of the 2. Do you think I should email them now and then asking for any updates or shall I just leave it? I was put on the pwc waitlist in early dec and still no news :/

There’s no harm in asking for an update! Since it’s been so long, I would suggest emailing them x
Reply 4

Hey mate, I am in a similar situation like you where I have been waitlisted by a company. Were you able to get the offer in the end? Thank you!
Reply 5

I have my PWC assessment centre on 29th Jan - any advice or tips? Also did you get an email beforehand on how to prepare at all?
Reply 6

did you ever end up getting offered the pwc role, i've been put on waitlist myself
Reply 7
Original post by mm10391
did you ever end up getting offered the pwc role, i've been put on waitlist myself

I know it is pretty recent but how is that going? Did you get any feedback from them so far?
Reply 8
Original post by blaisex
I know it is pretty recent but how is that going? Did you get any feedback from them so far?

feedback was very positive literally nothing wrong, but the person who got the place beat me by 1 or 2 points it was very close that's what the lady said on the phone. I repeatedly asked her if there was anything I could have done better, and she said there were no flaws. If it was that close surely they just offer me a role elsewhere its so frustrating. Been almost 2 weeks since then, nothing so far so gonna assume it's over. Feels like **** to perform well and not get anything in return but whatever
Reply 9
Original post by mm10391
feedback was very positive literally nothing wrong, but the person who got the place beat me by 1 or 2 points it was very close that's what the lady said on the phone. I repeatedly asked her if there was anything I could have done better, and she said there were no flaws. If it was that close surely they just offer me a role elsewhere its so frustrating. Been almost 2 weeks since then, nothing so far so gonna assume it's over. Feels like **** to perform well and not get anything in return but whatever

I know exactly how you feel, I was just put on a waitlist as well and got told the partner regrets they could not give a place as I did really well. But the only optimism I got is that I'm first on the list assuming someone declines their offer. But I am trying not to be raise my hopes too high so I don't get heartbroken twice.
Reply 10
Original post by blaisex
I know exactly how you feel, I was just put on a waitlist as well and got told the partner regrets they could not give a place as I did really well. But the only optimism I got is that I'm first on the list assuming someone declines their offer. But I am trying not to be raise my hopes too high so I don't get heartbroken twice.

I feel like they just tell everyone they're first on the list, that's what they told me and also for a few others I came across tsr, but yh at this point it entirely depends on if the offer holder declines, or if they add an additional role, which is very unlikely. Not sure how many people decline offers this time of the year but fingers crossed. Good luck to you anyway, hope you get an offer, if not I'm sure you'll get one elsewhere!
Reply 11
Original post by mm10391
I feel like they just tell everyone they're first on the list, that's what they told me and also for a few others I came across tsr, but yh at this point it entirely depends on if the offer holder declines, or if they add an additional role, which is very unlikely. Not sure how many people decline offers this time of the year but fingers crossed. Good luck to you anyway, hope you get an offer, if not I'm sure you'll get one elsewhere!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I wish you success as well in your other applications.
Original post by mm10391

Hi, Have you heard back? I am also on the waitlist for PwC graduate roles
Reply 13
Original post by Naina212
Hi, Have you heard back? I am also on the waitlist for PwC graduate roles

Nope, what role have you been waitlisted for, and what location?
Original post by mm10391
Nope, what role have you been waitlisted for, and what location?
Hi ive been waitlisted for Graduate, Risk, Enterprises Data Intelligence role in London
Original post by mm10391

Hey, what role and location did you apply for? I have my AC this month, for Audit, was hoping if you could share some insight and advice. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending