The Student Room Group

Are these GCSE options I just picked going to be too hard?

Recently I submitted my GCSE option form. I'm now worried that it'll be too hard as teachers have said doing triple science along with three humanities courses is one of the most content-heavy GCSE routes that can be taken. For the record, this is what I ended up with, all higher papers:

Maths
English Language
English Literature
Modern Foreign Languages - French
RE - Religious Education
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(Triple Science)
History
Geography

with sociology as a backup.

How difficult will this be?
It’s okay, many ppl do this! Just keep positive and work hard from the start. If ur not looking at doing something stem related in the future then maybe stick with combined science?
Original post by lexistar
Recently I submitted my GCSE option form. I'm now worried that it'll be too hard as teachers have said doing triple science along with three humanities courses is one of the most content-heavy GCSE routes that can be taken. For the record, this is what I ended up with, all higher papers:

Maths
English Language
English Literature
RE - Religious Education
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(Triple Science)
History
Geography

It's a strong combination, and triple science is definitely worth it! (If you're considering anything STEM related, it's definitely helpful).

As far as I know, RS is content heavy, but doable - I have friends who did this combo (with 11 GCSEs), and if you do the work, it'll be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by cactus11235813
It's a strong combination, and triple science is definitely worth it! (If you're considering anything STEM related, it's definitely helpful).

As far as I know, RS is content heavy, but doable - I have friends who did this combo (with 11 GCSEs), and if you do the work, it'll be fine.

RS is compulsory for people doing triple Science
Reply 4
Original post by JJ <3
It’s okay, many ppl do this! Just keep positive and work hard from the start. If ur not looking at doing something stem related in the future then maybe stick with combined science?

I don't really know what I want to do, but maybe something along criminology route which I think I need Physics for, and our school chooses whether we do triple or combined for us.

Thank you for the advice guys

Maths
English Language
English Literature
RE - Religious Education
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(Triple Science)
History
Geography

Heya!
You have a good combination of GCSEs, don't worry :h: If you feel like the workload is too much, you can switch subjects early on or talk to your teacher about what can be done. If it helps, use prospects to explore your career options!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Maths
English Language
English Literature
RE - Religious Education
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(Triple Science)
History
Geography

I think those are some very useful subjects and it definitely opens up the routes you could go down in a levels! As long as you stay on top of homework and start revision early you will be fine. Good luck with whatever you choose though I hope it goes well for you!
(edited 1 year ago)

Maths
English Language
English Literature
RE - Religious Education
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(Triple Science)
History
Geography

A lot of people do similar subjects.
I actually did similar subjects myself.
That is perfectly do-able.
Reply 8
if you are able to, try and do an early entry gcse so you can take 1 or 2 gcse's you find the easier in year 10 ( like re/ sociology?) and then sit the harder ones in year 11 when you are more prepared. for example i did citizenship, computer science and RE in year 10 and i got 8's on those, so the content i have to study now in year 11 is much less than it would've been, i'm doing triple science geography english lit and lang maths and french and i find there is less pressure in studying fewer subject as you can concentrate more on them! but tbh even if you dont it doesnt seem like too much if you are able to handle it right now

Maths
English Language
English Literature
RE - Religious Education
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(Triple Science)
History
Geography

Reply 9
ah sociology is a reserve in case i don't get Geography!

tbh I might try and get an early gcse maybe re and english in late y10, but I don't know if it's a good idea or if my school will let me. do you learn any new content in year eleven or is it just revision? because if it's just revision then I might ask to take re early. because re is literally just comparing Christianity and Islam in our school ngl 💀
Reply 10
we just had a history test and they've started marking the essays out of points and it's out of sixteen marks

wish me luck please lol

Maths
English Language
English Literature
RE - Religious Education
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
(Triple Science)
History
Geography

I think it will be difficult but totally doable. Kudos to you for choosing all higher, I could never
Reply 12
We can't choose I mean we can but apparently "there's no point me doing foundation"

pressure am I right

okay so it's going to be difficult but doable is basically what I have. I have the attention span of a cow I'll be fine
We can't choose I mean we can but apparently "there's no point me doing foundation"

pressure am I right

okay so it's going to be difficult but doable is basically what I have. I have the attention span of a cow I'll be fine

Nooo, don't worry pleaase! Sorry if it came out that way. If they think you can do higher, YOU CAN. Also, I have ADHD so I get having a low attention span, I really do. I'm learning to accommodate and every time I succeed I become even more confident! There are tools, I swear. Maybe not traditional to-do lists and stuff but I found things that work for me, you can too

Quick Reply

Latest