The Student Room Group

Is doing two coursework based subjects too much?

So I'm in year 8 at the moment and we have to pick our gcse options in a week and the options I'm planning on picking are German, History, Drama, and Music. I'm generally performing quite well in all of these at the moment and I'm interested in all of them but I've heard a lot from people in older years who have their coursework due at the moment that doing two creatives is too much and will bring down all my scores.

TL;DR - is doing two coursework based subjects too much?
(edited 1 year ago)
No... One way to put it, I'd rather do 18 coursework based subjects than 3 A Levels.
Original post by hirschsgreg
So I'm in year 8 at the moment and we have to pick our gcse options in a week and the options I'm planning on picking are German, History, Drama, and Music. I'm generally performing quite well in all of these at the moment and I'm interested in all of them but I've heard a lot from people in older years who have their coursework due at the moment that doing two creatives is too much and will bring down all my scores.

TL;DR - is doing two coursework based subjects too much?

Picking your GCSE options in year 8?

2 coursework subjects should be fine. A lot of people do more than one coursework subject and do perfectly well.
Original post by Emma:-)
Picking your GCSE options in year 8?

2 coursework subjects should be fine. A lot of people do more than one coursework subject and do perfectly well.

thanks! Also, are you aware of how I can delete this now that my question has been answered?
Reply 4
Original post by hirschsgreg
thanks! Also, are you aware of how I can delete this now that my question has been answered?

No need to delete it. It's a great question and someone in a similar situation could benefit from it later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending