The Student Room Group

What happens if you fail a whole module in first year of university?

I’m at LJMU, this is my first year and basically I’ve not submitted any assignments for one module, I know that these grades in first year don’t have an impact on the overall course but I’m worried about not being able to continue if you fail so much during first year. I’ve been told I can resubmit the assignment from the first semester but I’ve failed to do the assignment for the second semester as well. I’ve tried to find information on this and I’m not understanding the policies for resubmitting or being able to redo the missing assignments , does anyone know if you would be able to do this in firs year or would they not let you continue?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by meganann8
I’m at LJMU, this is my first year and basically I’ve not submitted any assignments for one module, I know that these grades in first year don’t have an impact on the overall course but I’m worried about not being able to continue if you fail so much during first year. I’ve been told I can resubmit the assignment from the first semester but I’ve failed to do the assignment for the second semester as well. I’ve tried to find information on this and I’m not understanding the policies for resubmitting or being able to redo the missing assignments , does anyone know if you would be able to do this in firs year or would they not let you continue?

Hey there @meganann8 !
Any modules you fail during first year, you get the opportunity to resit the assessments during the summer. You are capped at a certain mark and if you don't pass the resits then you can't carry on into second year. If you're unsure, check your university's website for any more details and I'm sure they'd be willing to assist with any further questions you have.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Well if it’s just assignments and you’ve passed the exam you will most likley get a make up assignment “capped at 40%” if however you’ve failed the exam you’ll be offered a resit in the summer again capped at 40%. If you fail one or both of those you’l have to retake that unit next year alongside all your 2nd year units that do count. If you fail to many units you won’t be able to continue on your course until you do pass enough so you might have to retake the year. From what you say it sounds like it’s only the one unit so you’ll most likely only have the summer make up or resit to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending