The Student Room Group

Thinking of doing Patisserie and Confectionery at college

I have chose courses in one college like biology to study radiography and product design to study product design in the future (and psychology because it sound interesting) but I have also signed up for Patisserie and Confectionery at a different college so I am wondering if I should do that as I don't feel strongly about any of them that much but I do like desserts and I do a bit of baking.

Which industry objectivly is the most secure with jobs and money and would be the best and safest bet.

Not sure which forum I should post this on.
Reply 1
Original post by ITZzME
I have chose courses in one college like biology to study radiography and product design to study product design in the future (and psychology because it sound interesting) but I have also signed up for Patisserie and Confectionery at a different college so I am wondering if I should do that as I don't feel strongly about any of them that much but I do like desserts and I do a bit of baking.

Which industry objectivly is the most secure with jobs and money and would be the best and safest bet.

I think you should do the one you feel you would like but is it we’re me I would do the baking one ☝️ because yolo and you can always do the other one another year.
Reply 2
Original post by P4L
I think you should do the one you feel you would like but is it we’re me I would do the baking one ☝️ because yolo and you can always do the other one another year.

I am unsure if I can move colleges and for university you need a science for radiography and a portfolio for product design which I can't make at home
Original post by ITZzME

(Thread moved to help you get more responses.)

You have quite a diverse range of options so you need to think carefully about the careers each option could lead to.

In terms of jobs, there is a national shortage of radiographers so radiography graduates are pretty much guaranteed a job at the end of their course. The starting salary is NHS band 5, which is currently £28,407 (more in London). There are many opportunities for career progression. It is worth trying to secure a day in a hospital radiography department to see if it is for you. It can be a demanding job so it's a concern that you say you don't feel passionate about any of your choices.

See if you can speak to the tutors for the Patisserie and Confectionery course and ask what former students went on to do.

You might find the following website helpful to further your research:

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
(Thread moved to help you get more responses.)

You have quite a diverse range of options so you need to think carefully about the careers each option could lead to.

In terms of jobs, there is a national shortage of radiographers so radiography graduates are pretty much guaranteed a job at the end of their course. The starting salary is NHS band 5, which is currently £28,407 (more in London). There are many opportunities for career progression. It is worth trying to secure a day in a hospital radiography department to see if it is for you. It can be a demanding job so it's a concern that you say you don't feel passionate about any of your choices.

See if you can speak to the tutors for the Patisserie and Confectionery course and ask what former students went on to do.

You might find the following website helpful to further your research:

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/

Thank you so much I haven't thought of a lot of that. This answer has been quite useful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending