The Student Room Group

Swansea physician associate offers 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I believe you wouldn't hear until August
Reply 21
Original post by Janine_xo
So happy for those of you that got in! Was wondering if anyone's been put on the waiting list - like how does that work because its neither an acceptance or rejection :frown:

I'm on a waiting list too. I believe we have to wait until August to see if any of those with confirmed places do not take up their offer for whatever reason ml.
Reply 22
Original post by Maxicn
I'm on a waiting list too. I believe we have to wait until August to see if any of those with confirmed places do not take up their offer for whatever reason ml.

I thought I was the only one! Are you on the waiting list for Swansea?
Hopefully we hear some good news soon!
Reply 23
Ye swansea. Add me on fb

Charlotte McMillan
Original post by Janine_xo
Hi guys, anyone on the waiting list still waiting to here back? :smile:

Hi,

The waiting list is still in place until and will be until August.

Good luck and hope you get some excellent news soon
Del
Reply 25
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hi,

The waiting list is still in place until and will be until August.

Good luck and hope you get some excellent news soon
Del

Its a long wait
Original post by Maxicn
Its a long wait

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is due to the number of spaces available and the acceptance/decline of the offers that have been made.

I understand that it is a very frustrating and anxious wait for the final decisions to be made.

Hopefully, good news will be coming soon.

Del
Hi all.

I just accepted my offer but I wondered if anyone knows the start date. Is it the 25th of September like our offers say, or is it a little earlier? Just trying to sort housing and moving as it's quite a distance for me so want time to settle all that as much as possible:s-smilie::confused:
Original post by hopefulmed01
Hi all.

I just accepted my offer but I wondered if anyone knows the start date. Is it the 25th of September like our offers say, or is it a little earlier? Just trying to sort housing and moving as it's quite a distance for me so want time to settle all that as much as possible:s-smilie::confused:

Hi,

Congratulations on confirming your place on the PA course.

Physician Associate is one of the early starting courses which will start on Monday 4th September. You will receive a series of welcome emails from July, however, the department will update the web page as soon as they have confirmed induction information

I hope this helps, but feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Del
Reply 29
Hi,

Physician Associate is one of the early starting courses which will start on Monday 4th September. You will receive a series of welcome emails from July, however, the department will update the web page as soon as they have confirmed induction information

Del

Hi,
Sorry to jump on, I had assumed based on the offer letter/info on UCAS that it would be slightly further into September we start and I am unable to confirm housing until the 9th of September. Will this be of serious concern? Just so I can try and fix housing. Thank you :frown:
Original post by weecee99
Hi,
Sorry to jump on, I had assumed based on the offer letter/info on UCAS that it would be slightly further into September we start and I am unable to confirm housing until the 9th of September. Will this be of serious concern? Just so I can try and fix housing. Thank you :frown:

Hi,

I would suggest you contact us and you will be able to discuss with the team - you can call 01792295111 and ask to speak to the PA Admissions team or email them

Hope this info helps.

Del
Reply 31
Hi all,

I was originally on the 'waiting list' but had an email today confirming my place.

So excited
Reply 32
Original post by Kitty19960
Hello,

I also have a place to study at Swansea. We have a Facebook chat for about 5 of us, what is your name as I will add you :smile:

Can you add me too please. Charlotte McMillan
Reply 33
Original post by Maxicn
Hi all,

I was originally on the 'waiting list' but had an email today confirming my place.

So excited

Well done! This gives me the tiniest bit of hope too that they're now looking at the waiting list and giving out offers! Did you have to accept via UCAS?
Reply 34
I’ve been placed on the waiting list and currently on position 5 and was wondering when do applicants on the waiting will hear back if they got accepted or not?
Reply 35
Original post by Harv2002
I’ve been placed on the waiting list and currently on position 5 and was wondering when do applicants on the waiting will hear back if they got accepted or not?

I've been told they're only looking at filling 3 places so far, so I'm not sure if I am going to stay on the list because I am considering other uni's
Reply 36
Hi,

Del

Hey,
I got an email mentioning that the induction is on 4th September. But is that mandatory? Because I won’t be moving in till the tenth since I got told the course as in lectures, tutorials and so on officially begins on the 25th??
Original post by Pudsxox
Hey,
I got an email mentioning that the induction is on 4th September. But is that mandatory? Because I won’t be moving in till the tenth since I got told the course as in lectures, tutorials and so on officially begins on the 25th??

Hi,

I would advise that you contact the admissions team for PA to discuss. The 25th September is for the standard mainstream courses -you can contact them directly by email

You can find the enrolment an induction timetable here

Hope this helps,Del
Reply 38
Well I got in touch, they said the induction is mandatory to attend to. But I don’t understand why because I’ve never known a uni induction to be mandatory to attend?
Original post by Pudsxox
Well I got in touch, they said the induction is mandatory to attend to. But I don’t understand why because I’ve never known a uni induction to be mandatory to attend?

There won't be an induction (Freshers) week for this course. I checked with the department and teaching actually starts on the 5th September.

Quick Reply

Latest