The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
A bunch of guys at uni called me (screaming actually but nvm) an oompa loompa and quite posters online think 5'8'' is actually short for a guy and most girls want someone who is at least 5'10''-5'11''+

I'm 5ft 7 and i feel short reading some of the replies from females on this thread :rolleyes:

Thank you ladies!
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you it's okay not to find my height enough to be attracted to me, it's not really something one controls, neither their height nor whether people are attracted to it.

Yeah, but tthen you need to compensate in other areas to still be able to pull girls

Original post by Ackhnologia
Hi there
it is what it is op.
the vast majority of women want a partner taller than them. A lot of women do not want nothing to do with a man under 6. A tiny minority do not care about height.
women have the right to have standards; same for men.
it is not shallow if a woman only want a man taller than 6, the same if it is not shallow if a man only wants a woman with big boobs and big bum.

The solution for a man is to find a woman from the tiny minority who does not care about height.
do not take it personally op.
Your height is okay. Never mind the women (or people) who put you down

PRSOM you hit the nail on the head with many women's ridiculous standards

Keep cold approaching until you find a woman who'll accept you. If it takes 1000 approaches to different women, so be it! If it takes a 16 year old to accept you for sex, so be it!
No not at all don't worry, a lot of girls just want someone a bit taller but I've known plenty that don't mind either way
A bunch of guys at uni called me (screaming actually but nvm) an oompa loompa and quite posters online think 5'8'' is actually short for a guy and most girls want someone who is at least 5'10''-5'11''+

Height is just one aspect of physical appearance, and attractiveness is subjective and varies from person to person. While some people may prefer taller partners, others may not place as much importance on height. In general, being 5'8" is an average height for men in many parts of the world, and it's unlikely to be offputting to most girls.

It's important to remember that physical appearance is not the only factor that determines attractiveness, and other qualities such as personality, confidence, and shared interests can also play a significant role in forming romantic connections. Rather than focusing on your height, it's best to focus on being confident, kind, and genuine in your interactions with others. :smile:
Well that totally depends on his favourite Disney film and whether he likes olives.

LOL can't believe this thread still goes on.

My favourite Disney film is The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I love olives.
Original post by boulderingislife
I'm 5ft 7 and i feel short reading some of the replies from females on this thread :rolleyes:

Thank you ladies!

Then do me a favour and don't google height and women cos you will want to take your own life. It's not nice.
Original post by Wanderlustory
Height is just one aspect of physical appearance, and attractiveness is subjective and varies from person to person. While some people may prefer taller partners, others may not place as much importance on height. In general, being 5'8" is an average height for men in many parts of the world, and it's unlikely to be offputting to most girls.

It's important to remember that physical appearance is not the only factor that determines attractiveness, and other qualities such as personality, confidence, and shared interests can also play a significant role in forming romantic connections. Rather than focusing on your height, it's best to focus on being confident, kind, and genuine in your interactions with others. :smile:

Tbf I don't even understand how height is such an important component of physical appearance - isn't face more important? like eyes, hair? body shape? arms? it's so difficult to me to even comprehend...
Then do me a favour and don't google height and women cos you will want to take your own life. It's not nice.

On the positive side, the shorter we are the smaller we are, and the smaller we are, the less we eat…so cost of living crisis win right there :woo:
Original post by boulderingislife
On the positive side, the shorter we are the smaller we are, and the smaller we are, the less we eat…so cost of living crisis win right there :woo:

Good for us.

However girls don't really like short guys

Original post by SupposedlyIronic
No not at all don't worry, a lot of girls just want someone a bit taller but I've known plenty that don't mind either way

Hope so.

Women are satisfied when their partner is 8 inches taller than them
https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/after-service/201909/5-reasons-why-women-and-men-care-about-height
A lot of ladies have different preferences so you'll find many who are fine with your height. I'm 5'8 and I don't care about height. He could be taller or shorter or my height. I don't care as long as we're a good match. Good partners are hard to come by and I won't let one go because I'm taller than him or he isn't a skyscraper.
Original post by justlearning1469
Keep cold approaching until you find a woman who'll accept you. If it takes 1000 approaches to different women, so be it! If it takes a 16 year old to accept you for sex, so be it!

:eyeball: Ayooo wut
Tbf I don't even understand how height is such an important component of physical appearance - isn't face more important? like eyes, hair? body shape? arms? it's so difficult to me to even comprehend...

I don't get it either tbh. I think most people wear the height they are beautifully because their features are molded for that height. To me, they're perfect as they are.

I've been mocked for not being petite (short) since a lot of women where I grew up are. I heard a lot of comments like 'oh, if you were shorter, you would be perfect' or 'if you got your mom's height, I would date you'. But I don't let it bring me down. If someone doesn't want you because of height, that's their loss. You'll find someone who'll appreciate you as you are.
Original post by toxicgamage56
:eyeball: Ayooo wut

At least it satisfies the bottom line of attracting a girlfriend. Even if you need to approach many women to accept you, or be desperate (but do not break the law, period)
(edited 1 year ago)
At least it satisfies the bottom line of attracting a girlfriend. Even if you need to approach many women to accept you, or be desperate (but do not break the law, period)

Doesn't break the law, sure. But it could be considered immoral if someone significantly older gets into a relationship with a gullible 16 year old just for sexual favours. Regardless, I was just making a joke.
Original post by toxicgamage56
Doesn't break the law, sure. But it could be considered immoral if someone significantly older gets into a relationship with a gullible 16 year old just for sexual favours. Regardless, I was just making a joke.

At 16 you're probably mature enough to consent to sex with people 16+. You could arguably make a case lower (as in other EU countries) but 16 is a reasonable age (even if a bit high). Ah i get ur point

But back to the topic, 5'8" is not too short to attract women
LOL can't believe this thread still goes on.

My favourite Disney film is The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I love olives.

I have actually never seen the hunchback of notre dame my favorite is tangled or ratatouille 😊
Original post by lanky_giraffe
In my opinion, it seems superficial for a woman who is under 5ft 7in to limit her dating preferences solely to men who are 6ft or taller, particularly if they lack other desirable qualities. I'm 6ft 2 and I wouldn't date anyone shorter than 5ft 5; mainly because of practical considerations. I don’t see why women below 5ft 6 would want a boyfriend taller/the same height as me.

To be honest, attraction (and love) was never meant to be rational nor logical. To you a 5ft6 woman wanting someone your height or taller is ridiculous. Toher, it is just what she finds attractive, what makes her feel good. the vast majority of women say they want to feel small, safe and protect when with their man. They want a partner who does make them feel feminine. they do not want to feel like a monster (bigger,taller) than their partner.
Is this way of thinking stupid? To some it is. But what do you want? It is a preference.
That is why i encourage men to have preferences, standards too. If you are a man who wants women with big boobs and bum, you have the right too. Do not listen to the hypocrites who applaud women for having preferences but shame men who have preferences.
Yeah, but tthen you need to compensate in other areas to still be able to pull girls

PRSOM you hit the nail on the head with many women's ridiculous standards

I amokay with approaching women till you find the one.
but, careful with your last sentence.

Whilst I'm 5 feet 5 or 6 inches. :cry2:
Tbh i find tall women offputting. Like they are giants. Don’t want to look up at a future gf so same head height/slightly shorter and similar build is best. Any girl above 5ft 8 is probs too talk for me to like anyway lol. Works both ways ladies 😝
I'm same height and I can't get a girl either they all prefer over 6 feet

Latest

Trending

Trending