The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ackhnologia
To be honest, attraction (and love) was never meant to be rational nor logical. To you a 5ft6 woman wanting someone your height or taller is ridiculous. Toher, it is just what she finds attractive, what makes her feel good. the vast majority of women say they want to feel small, safe and protect when with their man. They want a partner who does make them feel feminine. they do not want to feel like a monster (bigger,taller) than their partner.
Is this way of thinking stupid? To some it is. But what do you want? It is a preference.
That is why i encourage men to have preferences, standards too. If you are a man who wants women with big boobs and bum, you have the right too. Do not listen to the hypocrites who applaud women for having preferences but shame men who have preferences.

I amokay with approaching women till you find the one.
but, careful with your last sentence.

Love isn't too logical, although evolutionary pressure can shape women's preferences (And therefore it can often be evolutionarily rational)

I see, although if worse comes to worst there's always that option. They're much more likely to look up to an older man anyway.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sad nice guy
I'm same height and I can't get a girl either they all prefer over 6 feet

women have high standards these days

You can either compensate with other things, or give up your dreams
Original post by Anonymous
Tbf I don't even understand how height is such an important component of physical appearance - isn't face more important? like eyes, hair? body shape? arms? it's so difficult to me to even comprehend...

Don't think too much about it, we all have different perspective in life. Some girls, their ideal guy is tall and dark, the others want a blue eyes guy or white guy, so it's not always about the height.

But their are works that required a tall guy for some reason, 5'8 is not short.
Just be yourself. There is a saying "Beauty in the eye of the beholder." So what one person perceives as flawless and captivating might be ordinary or unappealing to another.
Reply 43
Original post by lanky_giraffe
In my opinion, it seems superficial for a woman who is under 5ft 7in to limit her dating preferences solely to men who are 6ft or taller, particularly if they lack other desirable qualities. I'm 6ft 2 and I wouldn't date anyone shorter than 5ft 5; mainly because of practical considerations. I don’t see why women below 5ft 6 would want a boyfriend taller/the same height as me.

People can have whatever preferences they want? Opposites can attract. I'm just under 5ft 3 and I've dated guys who are 6ft 2, who said they thought petite women were cute and feminine. It's just preference.
Original post by Anonymous #1
A bunch of guys at uni called me (screaming actually but nvm) an oompa loompa and quite posters online think 5'8'' is actually short for a guy and most girls want someone who is at least 5'10''-5'11''+

at 5'8 ur a good 5 in. taller then me, because im 5'3... so, ur taller then me either way, you don't have to be 6'0 and over for me to like you and I do have a history of dating boys and girls who are shorter then me, the shortest be 5'0, it's not the same for every girl but I personally dont really care.

Latest

Trending

Trending