The Student Room Group

Working at A*A*A but only need AAB

I need an A in maths to get into my firm and insurance, but I've been working really hard to aim for 3 A*s in Maths, Computer Science and Economics.

Maths is not my strong point, but I think I can get an A. Should I push and try to get three A*s or is there no point since I might burn out?
Reply 1
should I just focus on maths now or should I try my best to get all A*s
Reply 2
I’m not sure what the difference in workload would be between aiming for the highest grade, both require you to be at a very good level. Psychologically I wouldn’t torture yourself with striving for A* but keep your confidence to achieve what you need
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
I’m not sure what the difference in workload would be between aiming for the highest grade, both require you to be at a very good level. Psychologically I wouldn’t torture yourself with striving for A* but keep your confidence to achieve what you need

thank you :smile:
Reply 4
I would say to try and get as high as you can without burning out of course
Reply 5
Original post by isa04
I would say to try and get as high as you can without burning out of course

Yeah. I've worked so hard to get here. Thank you :smile:
Work to achieve the best you can, which also includes looking after yourself. You won't perform very well if your work out.

You might decide to take a gap year if your results are much higher than expected.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Original post by yellow_bee
Yeah. I've worked so hard to get here. Thank you :smile:

You clearly have well done - don't forget to give it this last push. I hope you do get 3 A*s
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by yellow_bee
I need an A in maths to get into my firm and insurance, but I've been working really hard to aim for 3 A*s in Maths, Computer Science and Economics.

Maths is not my strong point, but I think I can get an A. Should I push and try to get three A*s or is there no point since I might burn out?

Heya!
I would recommend trying your best to get good results across all subjects :h: With maths it's all about practice. I would recommend doing past paper questions by topic and ensuring you understand how to approach each question by having your teacher explain it to you or go through the mark scheme. If it helps, Study mind has plenty of free resources!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 9
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I would recommend trying your best to get good results across all subjects :h: With maths it's all about practice. I would recommend doing past paper questions by topic and ensuring you understand how to approach each question by having your teacher explain it to you or go through the mark scheme. If it helps, Study mind has plenty of free resources!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Hey thats actually a really useful website -thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest