The Student Room Group

Best BA Animation course?

International student here. So I applied for BA Animation courses in 5 different colleges and received offer letters from three.

- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Westminster
- De Montford University

I may end up going for neither because I received a couple of offers from other countries, but if I did, which one would be the best?
A bunch of threads on this forum are really old, oops.
Original post by PhantomGl
International student here. So I applied for BA Animation courses in 5 different colleges and received offer letters from three.

- De Montford University

I may end up going for neither because I received a couple of offers from other countries, but if I did, which one would be the best?

Hi there,

First of all congratulations on your offer from UCLan! 🎉

Our award-winning Animation degree course covers stop motion, 2D animation and 3D digital animation. These techniques will help you develop the practical skills and technical expertise you need to create your own film by the end of the course. Animation and Game Design ranks 1st in the North West for Career Prospect (Guardian University Guide, 2023). You can learn more about the course here.

If you would like to find out more about life as an International student please see the following page.

For any questions you have you can message us directly on one of our social media channels and we would be happy to help you. 😊

All the best,

Sarah 😊

- De Montford University

What were your other 2 choices? Did they reject you?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
What were your other 2 choices? Did they reject you?

One never responded (possibly because the application process got goofed up somewhere?) and AUB offered to let me in with a foundational course, which I'm not doing because it'd be an extra year of fees : (
One never responded (possibly because the application process got goofed up somewhere?) and AUB offered to let me in with a foundational course, which I'm not doing because it'd be an extra year of fees : (

AUB is in a different league for animation to the 3 listed in your OP.

which university didn’t respond? Have you rung them up to find out what the delay is?

what sort of animation are you interested in? Do you have any specific ambitions to use your degree for?
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
AUB is in a different league for animation to the 3 listed in your OP.

which university didn’t respond? Have you rung them up to find out what the delay is?

what sort of animation are you interested in? Do you have any specific ambitions to use your degree for?

University of Creative Arts! And no, not really, and I'm fine with that considering all my current options (I applied to multiple countries)

I'm interested primarily in 2D animation, but I want to try everything. After I graduate, get enough work experience and skills, I'd like to be able to produce my own content/direct a team to do the same.

Quick Reply

Latest