The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Loughborough or Exeter University

Ive narrowed my university choices down to two and im either thinking of going to Loughborough university or Exeter university for mechanical engineering, ive been to both unis and i like them both does anyone have any student insight into either that could help me sway my judgement for which i pick as my primary choice and my insurance choice.
Original post by SnowyHornet
Ive narrowed my university choices down to two and im either thinking of going to Loughborough university or Exeter university for mechanical engineering, ive been to both unis and i like them both does anyone have any student insight into either that could help me sway my judgement for which i pick as my primary choice and my insurance choice.

Where are your from?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by harrybellis
Where are your from?

I live near oxford
Original post by SnowyHornet

Hi @SnowyHornet,

It's great to hear you're thinking about studying at Loughborough.

I know that choosing a university can be tough. However, I would take a look at a few things to help you (if you haven't already!).

I think a great place to start would be to have a look at each of the university's course pages (here is Loughborough's for the BEng Mechanical Engineering course) in detail. For instance, you could take a look at the modules for each course that you would be studying and see if any stand out to you or interest you in particular.

Another piece of advice would be to take a look at the careers support that is offered. For instance, here is Loughborough's Careers Network. You could also view student stories to see where other students have gone after graduating.

Other than this, I would explore the extracurricular activities offered by the universities. There may be a specific hobby or sport you may want to continue or start at university. Here are the sports and societies at Loughborough.

Ultimately, it's really important that you choose somewhere where you can see yourself studying and being happy.

I know these are only a handful of things to consider, but I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending