The Student Room Group

help!! i have mocks in 5 days and i havent revised anything

i have mocks and idk where to start, i am just so overwhelmed by everything. i sit down at my desk and i cannot seem to get on with it, then at night when i try to sleep i cant because i feel guilty.

does anyone know what i can do to reduce stress and still get high grades in 5 days?
Original post by sweetrose444
i have mocks and idk where to start, i am just so overwhelmed by everything. i sit down at my desk and i cannot seem to get on with it, then at night when i try to sleep i cant because i feel guilty.

does anyone know what i can do to reduce stress and still get high grades in 5 days?

Hey! Don't worry too much (easier said than done I know!) at the end of the day mocks are more to see where you need to improve. Try to think of them as something that will help your later in your revision rather than a test.
As for starting, I'd recommend to try and make a revision timetable so you can revise a couple of subjects a day. For revision it's your choice on what works best for you, but I personally learn best by watching videos and listening, so for me I basically binge watch freesciencelessons- this is really good if you don't have much time left as you can watch all the playlists and cover all the topics in a short amount of time.
Anyway, I hope this helped if you have any more questions feel free to ask, and good luck in your mocks! :smile:
Hi,
Hope you're okay. As someone who was in a similar position to you this time last year, I can assure you as hard as it is to believe, everything will be okay. I understand it's a very stressful and overwhelming time, but what helped and motivated me was thinking about the rewards after GCSEs; like going on holiday, prom, long summer of seeing friends, etc. Stress is a horrible thing, as it's not great for your mental or physical health, and staying up feeling guilty will make you feel worse. Again, I know it's really hard to control. I may not know you but I want to let you know I'm proud of you for coming forward and asking for advice and still trying and not giving up. To reduce stress; make sure you eat and drink enough because your diet is VERY important cos if you don't eat enough you won't have the energy to study. It's also quite helpful to do some exercise, even if it's a ten-minute around your road but I always bring music with me to divert my mind. The biggest tip is to surround yourself with your loved ones and talk to those you trust. Your friends and family really care and they want the best for you, so never feel that you are gonna burden them and hopefully, they can comfort you and give some advice. In terms of revision, I always put my phone in another room and out of my sight so I wouldn't be tempted to go on it. I also used the Pomodoro technique which breaks up my revision, so I don't feel overwhelmed (25 mins work 5 mins break) and repeat as many times. You can also get apps like Flora. Please take it easy, but make sure you memorize key aspects of the mark scheme, especially for science subjects, and mainly focus on doing past papers and ensure you mark them after so you know where you went wrong.

Hope you feel better:smile: and please take it easy, you've got this!

My DMs are always open if you need someone to talk to,
Sanvi
Original post by doorsandwindows
Hi,
Hope you're okay. As someone who was in a similar position to you this time last year, I can assure you as hard as it is to believe, everything will be okay. I understand it's a very stressful and overwhelming time, but what helped and motivated me was thinking about the rewards after GCSEs; like going on holiday, prom, long summer of seeing friends, etc. Stress is a horrible thing, as it's not great for your mental or physical health, and staying up feeling guilty will make you feel worse. Again, I know it's really hard to control. I may not know you but I want to let you know I'm proud of you for coming forward and asking for advice and still trying and not giving up. To reduce stress; make sure you eat and drink enough because your diet is VERY important cos if you don't eat enough you won't have the energy to study. It's also quite helpful to do some exercise, even if it's a ten-minute around your road but I always bring music with me to divert my mind. The biggest tip is to surround yourself with your loved ones and talk to those you trust. Your friends and family really care and they want the best for you, so never feel that you are gonna burden them and hopefully, they can comfort you and give some advice. In terms of revision, I always put my phone in another room and out of my sight so I wouldn't be tempted to go on it. I also used the Pomodoro technique which breaks up my revision, so I don't feel overwhelmed (25 mins work 5 mins break) and repeat as many times. You can also get apps like Flora. Please take it easy, but make sure you memorize key aspects of the mark scheme, especially for science subjects, and mainly focus on doing past papers and ensure you mark them after so you know where you went wrong.

Hope you feel better:smile: and please take it easy, you've got this!

My DMs are always open if you need someone to talk to,
Sanvi

Original post by convivialkiwi
Hey! Don't worry too much (easier said than done I know!) at the end of the day mocks are more to see where you need to improve. Try to think of them as something that will help your later in your revision rather than a test.
As for starting, I'd recommend to try and make a revision timetable so you can revise a couple of subjects a day. For revision it's your choice on what works best for you, but I personally learn best by watching videos and listening, so for me I basically binge watch freesciencelessons- this is really good if you don't have much time left as you can watch all the playlists and cover all the topics in a short amount of time.
Anyway, I hope this helped if you have any more questions feel free to ask, and good luck in your mocks! :smile:

thank you all for your help (you all are so sweet :smile:)! i will make sure to implement your suggestions

Quick Reply

Latest