The Student Room Group

Pretty disappointed with myself

I am in a student committee this year. Last night, they had an annual dinner. I initially wanted to go, but because I have a crush on one of the younger committee members and recently got told off by her, I decided that I had to be absent and give up the last and only chance to dine with a large group of younger students.

For the past few months, I have already been struggling mentally in silence because of her. I kind of regret and am pretty disappointed with myself right now. I'd be completing my postgrad in September and it'd basically be the end of my academic career. There are little to no chances that I'd be back and be able to be with them again - why did I give up a precious chance simply because of a girl?

Should I slap myself in the face?
Original post by Anonymous
I am in a student committee this year. Last night, they had an annual dinner. I initially wanted to go, but because I have a crush on one of the younger committee members and recently got told off by her, I decided that I had to be absent and give up the last and only chance to dine with a large group of younger students.

For the past few months, I have already been struggling mentally in silence because of her. I kind of regret and am pretty disappointed with myself right now. I'd be completing my postgrad in September and it'd basically be the end of my academic career. There are little to no chances that I'd be back and be able to be with them again - why did I give up a precious chance simply because of a girl?

Should I slap myself in the face?

Look hon, I've been there. You shouldn't give up on what you want for her though. She isn't worth your love ok?
Had you not made a move (I assume) you would have always been wondering. Awkward stuff unfortunately turns up in life, you did your best to avoid it becoming potentially more awkward. So I would be content that you tried your best to sort out an awkward situation as best you could. End of the day were all human and this stuff happens. Everyone moves on and they'll be other events to attend at work, etc. So no point on dwelling on it.
Original post by noelissocute
Look hon, I've been there. You shouldn't give up on what you want for her though. She isn't worth your love ok?

I don't know why I love her so much
I don't know why I love her so much

I get it...you deserve so much better though!
I get it...you deserve so much better though!

How I wish I'd find a better one. Pray for me...
How I wish I'd find a better one. Pray for me...

I will
I will

Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending