The Student Room Group

Everytime I want to go outside my mum asks me where I'm going

I just find it annoying, especially when it's for a basic thing like shopping or just going for a walk.

Or when I want to do something for myself like the cinema, she asks if I'm going with friends and if I say no then she starts making a big deal out of it.

I can only go outside without her knowing if it's early in the morning. What should I do?
This is normal. It won't stop.
Why are you going to the cinema by yourself? Don't you have any friends? Please make some.
What's the big deal about telling her where you're going?
Parents are kinda supposed to know where there kids are. Just tell her and be vague if you want.
she will just be worrying about you, all parents do it, it’s quite normal and to be honest it’s a good thing it shows you how much they care, if I where you I wouldn’t let it bother me.
Reply 5
Are you an adult or a minor? If the latter, has anything happened to make your mum worry more or not trust you? Have you discussed it with her?
i'm a full-grown man and if i were to stay around my folks for a couple of days and went somewhere i'd tell them where i'm going lol
Original post by Anonymous
I just find it annoying, especially when it's for a basic thing like shopping or just going for a walk.

Or when I want to do something for myself like the cinema, she asks if I'm going with friends and if I say no then she starts making a big deal out of it.

I can only go outside without her knowing if it's early in the morning. What should I do?

It's annoying but she's asking because she worries about you and she feels less worried when she knows where you are. It's always important to inform someone of where you're going if you're going out alone for safety reasons. Imagine you went out, she didn't know where you had gone, and then you go missing and the police ask her where you were and she wouldn't be able to tell them. She'd look like an irresponsible mother and would make it harder for the police to find you.

I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums. In future, please check if your thread could be posted elsewhere. Thank-you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending