The Student Room Group

Revision

How many hours is everyone doing?
I’ve been doing between 2-4 hours on average over the easter holidays, and I got majority 8s and 9s and two 7s on my mocks with very little revision. I was intending on doing maybe 1-2 hours after school now and maybe 2 on weekends now but I’m seeing people talking about doing 4 hours on weekdays and 7 on weekends at this stage! Am I just not doing enough revision? I’m worried now.
Original post by j0611
How many hours is everyone doing?
I’ve been doing between 2-4 hours on average over the easter holidays, and I got majority 8s and 9s and two 7s on my mocks with very little revision. I was intending on doing maybe 1-2 hours after school now and maybe 2 on weekends now but I’m seeing people talking about doing 4 hours on weekdays and 7 on weekends at this stage! Am I just not doing enough revision? I’m worried now.

I think the amount of revision they are doing is somewhat excessive, 1-2 hours after school should be fine as you will still be getting homework. You may want to do slightly more at the weekend, but that is really up to you, I wouldn't worry about it too much or compare yourself to others - you need to do what is best for you. :smile:
Ty

Original post by flowersinmyhair
I think the amount of revision they are doing is somewhat excessive, 1-2 hours after school should be fine as you will still be getting homework. You may want to do slightly more at the weekend, but that is really up to you, I wouldn't worry about it too much or compare yourself to others - you need to do what is best for you. :smile:

Tysm for this because I genuinely needed to hear this!! I only averaged about 3 hours per easter and was beating myself up over it bcs my friends did five, and this was getting in the way of my current revision, so ty!!!

Quick Reply

Latest