The Student Room Group

interested in a muslim guy

salam, i am muslim revert and im interested in a muslim guy ive met recently. he doesnt know that i am muslim because im not very open about my religion due to bad reactions from family members and friends. hes told me previously that he would be interested in marrying me. in what way could i go about telling him about my religion? or proposing the idea that we actually get married someday?
Salam, maybe u can bring it up in conversation? Like If yous ever start talking abt Islam bring it up maybe? Or u can ask him for advise abt Islam and then it might go onto marriage if he starts getting a bit curious as to why ur asking them questions, ik this isn’t the best advise but In’ Sha’ Allah it works out for you!!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
salam, i am muslim revert and im interested in a muslim guy ive met recently. he doesnt know that i am muslim because im not very open about my religion due to bad reactions from family members and friends. hes told me previously that he would be interested in marrying me. in what way could i go about telling him about my religion? or proposing the idea that we actually get married someday?

As a revert, you should find a wali (guardian) before continuing with any contact with him. Ensure that your guardian is knowledgable about Islaam and fears Allāh. If the woman does not have any wali who can give her in marriage, then that role may be filled by the Muslim qaadi (judge), if there is one. If there is no qaadi, as is the case for Muslim communities living in the West, then the director of the Islamic centre may give her in marriage.
If there is no director of an Islamic centre, then the imam of the mosque, or a scholar, or a Muslim man of good character may give her in marriage. Refer to this article about that: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/208700/she-does-not-have-any-wali-guardian-for-the-purpose-of-marriage-can-the-director-of-the-islamic-centre-or-her-maternal-uncle-give-her-in-marriage

Once you've done that, then you can tell that man that you are interested in him and would want to proceed, only through marriage, and give him the contact details of your guardian. Please note that romantic relationships outside of marriage and haraam and you should minimise communication with him as much as possible. Your guardian can then arrange for you to meet and get to know each other and you can decide from there if you want to go ahead with the marriage.
But will his family halal it ?
What of yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending