The Student Room Group

Can I be sued for leaving a bad review

I did driving lessons last year and did not like my instructor he kept losing his patience and we spent about £2000 on lessons. I failed my test because he di not even teach me how to park properly and even accused me of not trying when I was trying my best.

Online he has good reviews and I want to leave him a bad one because I post my confidence in driving because of him, but I don't want to be sued
Original post by Kdog21
I did driving lessons last year and did not like my instructor he kept losing his patience and we spent about £2000 on lessons. I failed my test because he di not even teach me how to park properly and even accused me of not trying when I was trying my best.

Online he has good reviews and I want to leave him a bad one because I post my confidence in driving because of him, but I don't want to be sued

No you can't. You could be sued for defamation if they felt that the information you shared in a review was entirely false and can prove that your false review damaged their business. Otherwise, you're allowed to share your honest experience of a service.

I think it would be wise though to ask yourself if this review is just venting your frustrations at failing your test, rather than the actual quality and skill of the driving instructor, which may be why you're questioning yourself because you feel the review may not be accurate of his skills and service quality.

If you did not like your driving instructor, why did you continue using him when you could've changed to another driving instructor? When you say he didn't teach you how to park properly, did you voice this to him and ask him to teach you some more before you took your driving test? If not, then that responsibility falls on you.

I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums. In future, please double check to see if your thread would be better suited in another area. Thank-you!
Reply 2
Hey tha ka for replying, but he definitely was not good. He used to have a go at me when I was struggling with roundabouts and he was like what are you thinking and when I said I'm trying g he just yells no you are not trying and when i said can you texag me instead of shouting he got more annoyed and goes no I'm not shouting g don't accuse me of something I didn't do.

The reason I continued with him is because mu parents were making me as I had ready done lessons with him, my dad said with a new instructor I have to start over.

Also only taught me how to park in empty car parks, in my test the car park was full so that didn't help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending