The Student Room Group

Applying late from a different subject

Hi, I am finishing a access course in games art level 3. But I want to change direction to psychology. I have enough UCAS points to meet the entry requirements. Even though I am late and I'm doing a completely different subject is there a chance that I'll be accepted? Has anybody done this? Thanks.
Original post by HJC24
Hi, I am finishing a access course in games art level 3. But I want to change direction to psychology. I have enough UCAS points to meet the entry requirements. Even though I am late and I'm doing a completely different subject is there a chance that I'll be accepted? Has anybody done this? Thanks.

There is always a chance, but Psychology can be very competitive. To where are you thinking of applying? Do those universities specify any subject requirements, or is the only requirement having sufficient UCAS points?

The universities which still have Psychology places available are likely to be more willing to accept non-standard candidates (e.g. those with an "access course in games art level 3"!), so you never know. Good luck.
Reply 2
Thanks for replying, I'm looking at UEA. The UEA website says that I need to Pass Access to HE Diploma with Distinction in 30 credits at Level 3 and Merit in 15 credits at Level 3 or have ABB from A levels. However, there is no mention of any specific subject requirements.

Ill look at applying to a few more unis now to hope they'll have some psychology spaces free. Thanks again.
Original post by DataVenia
There is always a chance, but Psychology can be very competitive. To where are you thinking of applying? Do those universities specify any subject requirements, or is the only requirement having sufficient UCAS points?

The universities which still have Psychology places available are likely to be more willing to accept non-standard candidates (e.g. those with an "access course in games art level 3"!), so you never know. Good luck.
Original post by HJC24
Thanks for replying, I'm looking at UEA. The UEA website says that I need to Pass Access to HE Diploma with Distinction in 30 credits at Level 3 and Merit in 15 credits at Level 3 or have ABB from A levels. However, there is no mention of any specific subject requirements.

Ill look at applying to a few more unis now to hope they'll have some psychology spaces free. Thanks again.

Hi @HJC24 :h:

It's wonderful to see you're looking to study Psychology here with us at UEA! In regards to the entry requirements, this is something you could contact our admissions team about, and I'm sure they'll be able to advise if there's anything you need to know beyond what you've already read. You can contact them by emailing [email protected] or via the live chat. If you have any questions about UEA or being a student in Norwich at all then please do feel free to let me know! Wishing you all the best :h:

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies
Reply 4
Thanks for replying I'll be sure to contact them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending