The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough or Southampton For Artificial Intelligence course

I did’t get offer from UCL so now need to decide between Loughborough or Southampton For Artificial Intelligence course

Help me decide with your feedback
Original post by Anonymous
I did’t get offer from UCL so now need to decide between Loughborough or Southampton For Artificial Intelligence course

@moderator how to delete this thread
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offers!

I know that it can be tough to choose a university to go to. If you visit the MSc Artificial Intelligence course page, you will be able to see the modules you would be studying, rankings and careers information, which may help you with making a decision. Also, on the course page you will be able to see roles other Loughborough graduates have gone into. We also have a fantastic Careers Network and you can access their support for up to three years after graduating!

I would also visit this page on our Department of Computer Science to find out more about the department that manages this course.

Other than this, I would consider the location of both the universities as they are in very separate areas of the UK with different cities near them. I've never had a problem getting anywhere from Loughborough. We're only a 10 minute train ride away from Leicester and not much further from Nottingham. It only takes around an hour and a half to get to London (depending on the train you get) and I know there are also coaches that you can use to get to London and also north of Loughborough. There is even an airport close by!

You should also take a look at the campuses and see if you like one over the other more. I'm a current undergraduate here and it really helped me to take a look at the campuses of the universities I was considering and was one of the reasons I chose to come to Loughborough.

Finally, I would take a look at accommodation options and the social activities that each university provides. Perhaps there is an interest or a hobby that you have and you would like to continue it or you want to try something new. You can see what societies or sports each university has to get involved in beforehand.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please let us know :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending