The Student Room Group

Can I get into Russell groups if I resit a year of a levels?

Hi, I have several questions. 1. My a-level exams start in 3/4 weeks but I haven’t had a great year and really did not put the effort in and just want to drop all my exams now so my first question is does anyone know if this is allowed at this stage? I have heard something about the college having to pay fees once they enrol someone into an exam but not sure. 2. If I do resit a year (I will be doing it privately/self-study) will this affect my application to Russell group universities, I want to study marketing in queen mary university of london so does anyone know what they’re like about resits? 3. My final question is seeing as I will be taking the a levels privately rather than in college and have never made any type of past UCAS application will the universities even know that it took me 3 years to complete my a levels? Please help I am very worried and stressed thank you.
(edited 1 year ago)
It’s definitely possible. Maybe rather than repeat the whole year you could take the re-sits in January. Then when you apply again through UCAS the Uni’s will only see your best grades.

I would say either way, try and sit your a-levels because you never know. One of my friends was convinced that they would get all C’s (they needed 2 A’s and a B to get into their Russell group uni), but put the work in a month before and came out with a miracle. Don’t give up on the summer exams just yet unless you feel like it’s genuinely not worth your time!

Quick Reply

Latest