The Student Room Group

What happened when I saw this guy in town?

This guy used to have a crush on me.

Ill be honest. I’ve gained weight since he last saw me. Why? Trauma. A lot of it, but I’m not going to play any violins here. Just know I’m working on it. Anyway, I’m a pretty attractive woman, or at least I was before I gained more weight. Guys would turn to look at me, I was often the girl that stood out and I knew it.

So this guy walked by me and my friend the other day. We were on a street and he was walking past. I was pretty excited to see my friend in that moment and we were both talking. While I was talking to her I felt a male gaze on me. No seriously. Ask any woman, at times we can feel a guy watching us before we’ve even seen it ourselves. So basically I knew I was being watched. It wasn’t a great feeling. I look up and I see a pair of eyes staring right back and immediately look elsewhere as I’m already creeped out.

Anyway, he doesn’t stop looking. He’s glaring at me, kind of like he’s bothered or just not happy with me. I don’t know who it is at this point and I’m waiting for him to look away so I can sneak a peak to see if I know him. Eventually he does look away, and I mean a good 6-7 seconds later at least. If even that. As soon as I looked at him he has only just blinked and turned his head towards my friend. Now my friend is beautiful, I mean she’s a 8/10 at least. When he looked at her his initial expression was different. His eyes weren’t sharp anymore, they were almost normal. I know he was slightly attracted to her because he looked at me like that once. Yes I recognise him now. Anyway I looked away again after that.

So I don’t know. I don’t know if he was looking at me displeasingly because of my weight gain or if he was just unsure if it was me. I don’t know if he was just lost in thoughts or if his intimidating expression had changed since I barely looked back the whole time he saw me. Maybe it’s my insecurities speaking. What do you make of this?
Mmm, weight and appearance matters not, young one. Judge you by the size, the color of the body, we must not. Look beyond appearances, we should, and focus on the beauty within. Size, shape, and form change over time, but inner beauty and character remain forever. Also, important it is to trust your feelings, young one. If a male gaze you feel, uncomfortable or unsafe, do not hesitate to remove yourself from the situation. Always prioritize your safety and well-being, you must.
Original post by pagetsuckstoes
Mmm, weight and appearance matters not, young one. Judge you by the size, the color of the body, we must not. Look beyond appearances, we should, and focus on the beauty within. Size, shape, and form change over time, but inner beauty and character remain forever. Also, important it is to trust your feelings, young one. If a male gaze you feel, uncomfortable or unsafe, do not hesitate to remove yourself from the situation. Always prioritize your safety and well-being, you must.

💯💚
Anyone else have any thoughts?
Anyone?
What do you want to hear?
Reply 6
He fancies your mate more than you
Original post by Anonymous
This guy used to have a crush on me.

Ill be honest. I’ve gained weight since he last saw me. Why? Trauma. A lot of it, but I’m not going to play any violins here. Just know I’m working on it. Anyway, I’m a pretty attractive woman, or at least I was before I gained more weight. Guys would turn to look at me, I was often the girl that stood out and I knew it.

So this guy walked by me and my friend the other day. We were on a street and he was walking past. I was pretty excited to see my friend in that moment and we were both talking. While I was talking to her I felt a male gaze on me. No seriously. Ask any woman, at times we can feel a guy watching us before we’ve even seen it ourselves. So basically I knew I was being watched. It wasn’t a great feeling. I look up and I see a pair of eyes staring right back and immediately look elsewhere as I’m already creeped out.

Anyway, he doesn’t stop looking. He’s glaring at me, kind of like he’s bothered or just not happy with me. I don’t know who it is at this point and I’m waiting for him to look away so I can sneak a peak to see if I know him. Eventually he does look away, and I mean a good 6-7 seconds later at least. If even that. As soon as I looked at him he has only just blinked and turned his head towards my friend. Now my friend is beautiful, I mean she’s a 8/10 at least. When he looked at her his initial expression was different. His eyes weren’t sharp anymore, they were almost normal. I know he was slightly attracted to her because he looked at me like that once. Yes I recognise him now. Anyway I looked away again after that.

So I don’t know. I don’t know if he was looking at me displeasingly because of my weight gain or if he was just unsure if it was me. I don’t know if he was just lost in thoughts or if his intimidating expression had changed since I barely looked back the whole time he saw me. Maybe it’s my insecurities speaking. What do you make of this?

It's possible that this guy's initial sharp gaze could have been due to recognizing you and perhaps feeling surprised or taken aback by your physical appearance since he last saw you. However, it's also possible that his expression was not related to your weight gain at all and could have been the result of other factors such as being deep in thought or feeling troubled about something else.

It's worth noting that it's common for people to feel self-conscious or insecure about their appearance, especially if they have gone through trauma or significant life changes. It's important to remember that your worth is not solely determined by your physical appearance, and that you are more than your weight gain. It's also important to be kind to yourself and to focus on self-improvement in a way that feels healthy and sustainable for you.

Ultimately, it's impossible to know for sure what this guy's thoughts or intentions were based on this one encounter. It's important to remember that other people's perceptions and reactions are not within your control, and that your value as a person is not determined by anyone else's opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending