The Student Room Group

Second degree tuition funding

Is there any way to check what courses are eligible for second degree funding. The one I have applied for turns out not to be on this list, Biomedical science, full time.

Are all full time courses excluded from the second degree funding?
Thanks
Original post by p_pawz
Is there any way to check what courses are eligible for second degree funding.

This is a list from a post made a year ago:

Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there,

Below is a list of the Full Time courses exempt from Equivalent Level Qualification (ELQ) and Previous Study rules:
- Graduate Entry Medical Chiropody
- Dietetics
- Dietetics and Nutrition (Please note that these courses specifically have both dietetics and nutrition in the title. The individual course ‘nutrition’ is not a valid Allied Health Professional course)
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practice (Diplomas and Degrees)
- Orthoptics
- Physiotherapy
- Podiatry
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Radiotherapy
- Speech and Language Therapy/ Dental courses

Part Time
If you already hold an Honours degree or a higher level (HE) qualification, you are able to apply for a Part Time Fee Loan for any one of the exception course below. For students who start a new course from 18/19 onwards, this will mean they can apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan as well as tuition fees.
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- General and Others in Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies
Original post by p_pawz
Is there any way to check what courses are eligible for second degree funding. The one I have applied for turns out not to be on this list, Biomedical science, full time.

Are all full time courses excluded from the second degree funding?
Thanks

What university and full course title are you looking to apply for? When is your course due to start? Is it full time or part time? Thanks, Karen
Reply 3
Hi Karen,
I am looking to do BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science (B900) with Plymouth University (P60). It is a full time course.
I already hold a BSc (Hons) Counselling Psychology.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Paula
Original post by SFE Karen
What university and full course title are you looking to apply for? When is your course due to start? Is it full time or part time? Thanks, Karen
Original post by p_pawz
Hi Karen,
I am looking to do BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science (B900) with Plymouth University (P60). It is a full time course.
I already hold a BSc (Hons) Counselling Psychology.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Paula

This may be eligible for funding however you would need to submit an application with all the details on for the team to confirm if you are eligible or not. I would advise to submit your application for the team to review as soon as possible. Once it has been fully reviewed the team will be in contact wit you. Thanks, Karen
Reply 5
Hi Karen,
I have done that and got an email yesterday stating I wouldn't be able to get funding because I have a qualification of the same level. I had previous thought this would have been under the medical criteria. It appears that if this was a part time course I would have been granted some funding. Do you think it would be worth giving them a ring?
Thanks
Original post by SFE Karen
This may be eligible for funding however you would need to submit an application with all the details on for the team to confirm if you are eligible or not. I would advise to submit your application for the team to review as soon as possible. Once it has been fully reviewed the team will be in contact wit you. Thanks, Karen
Original post by p_pawz
Hi Karen,
I have done that and got an email yesterday stating I wouldn't be able to get funding because I have a qualification of the same level. I had previous thought this would have been under the medical criteria. It appears that if this was a part time course I would have been granted some funding. Do you think it would be worth giving them a ring?
Thanks

You can contact the team via Live Chat or via the helpline and they can check this. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending