The Student Room Group

How can I regain my confidence as an asian female?

All my life, growing up the in the west, people have called me ugly due to my flat nose, small eyes etc. I am now in doubt about my physical attractiveness and whether I can find a boyfriend as a result. I am a 23 year old professional in London.

How can I maximise my chances of finding a suitable man who won't feitishize me?
Reply 1
Original post by confusedintern
All my life, growing up the in the west, people have called me ugly due to my flat nose, small eyes etc. I am now in doubt about my physical attractiveness and whether I can find a boyfriend as a result. I am a 23 year old professional in London.

How can I maximise my chances of finding a suitable man who won't feitishize me?

What is your own definition of 'ugly' and how have you come to the conclusion that these 'people' have called you 'ugly?'
These few individuals are a drop in the ocean of billions of worldwide populations so who are they to even judge?

Who cares what you look like? A friendly vibrant outlook to others, your kindness and your personality are far more important than looks will ever be. Personality traits are lifelong, not like 'looks' which are transient and go South as soon as you are 21+

If you are so insecure you risk attracting very manipulative, controlling men. Be careful. Work on your own confidence and enjoyment of life before you do anything else. Do what you enjoy, have always wanted to try and not what others want you to do. At 23 years old you are only just starting out.

Believe in yourself and your core beauty will shine through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending