The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

A levels for LSE accounting and finance

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thegeek888
Maths, Further Maths and Economics would be the easiest combination of subjects. Because LSE recognise them as 3 'distinct' subjects. Also, Further Maths is not that difficult, it is just more than single Maths.

Hey sorry, I just really needed to jump in on this one. But actually no. If you read the LSE Accounting and Finance entry requirements section you would know that LSE only sees Further Mathematics are a 4th subject for A&F and that they see Accounting as a traditional subject but ONLY for this course (so only I would advice you to only take that if you are really certain about applying for AF. These are quotes for the website: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/degree-programmes-2024/BSc-Accounting-and-Finance

'Accounting A-level is viewed as a 'traditional academic subject' for the purpose of applying to BSc Accounting and Finance only.

Further Mathematics is normally seen as a fourth or additional subject. Students offering only Mathematics, Further Mathematics and one other subject at A-level or equivalent will only be considered where the other subject is an essay subject.'

Taking only 3 subject including FM would not be sufficient so please please don't do that. Take 4 subjects if you really think FM would be useful.

Speaking from experience, I got an offer for LSE AF for the upcoming intake (2023). My subject combo was Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Economics. But i took further math just because i liked math and knew it would be easy for me.

I would defo recommend you to take strong traditional subjects listed on LSE's website. not business studies or statistics because isn't that just part of math?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi I just really needed to jump in on this one.

If you read the LSE Accounting and Finance entry requirements on the LSE website properly you would know that https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/degree-programmes-2024/BSc-Accounting-and-Finance

1. Accounting A-level is viewed as a 'traditional academic subject' for the purpose of applying to BSc Accounting and Finance only.
2. Further Mathematics is normally seen as a fourth or additional subject. Students offering only Mathematics, Further Mathematics and one other subject at A-level or equivalent will only be considered where the other subject is an essay subject.

so NO i do not think LSE would prefer if you just took Maths, Further Maths and something else. Take 4 if you really want to take FM but since you don't want to just don't bother. Accounting is seen as a traditional subject by LSE but only for this course.

i got an offer from lse for the course this year 2023 and my subject combo was Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Chemistry. But i knew that LSE would see FM as a 4th subjects and that's why i took 4. but i took it up just because i liked math and knew it would kinda be easy for me. the offer i got was AAA EXCLUDING FM. Im not sure if taking FM helped me get the offer but i know its not going to help me get ultimately.

i would suggest you do a strong traditional subject just to be safe if you really really want LSE like Chemistry or some science subject since AF has got to do with numbers as well.

but anyway, i think you should really read the LSE website thoroughly than relying on random people's opinions just to be safe :smile:
Reply 22
Thank you so much for the support!
What a level math module would you recommend I pick for accounting and finance?
Original post by Ja3far

S1 S2
Yeap probably all the stat ones. i took S1 S2 S3 (FM). I dont think it plays a part in your application though, but it might help when studying the course i guess. the modules i took were P1 P2 P3 P4 D1 M1 M2 S1 S2 S3 FP1 FP2

Original post by Ja3far
Reply 25
Original post by bananashopper
Hey sorry, I just really needed to jump in on this one. But actually no. If you read the LSE Accounting and Finance entry requirements section you would know that LSE only sees Further Mathematics are a 4th subject for A&F and that they see Accounting as a traditional subject but ONLY for this course (so only I would advice you to only take that if you are really certain about applying for AF. These are quotes for the website: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/degree-programmes-2024/BSc-Accounting-and-Finance

'Accounting A-level is viewed as a 'traditional academic subject' for the purpose of applying to BSc Accounting and Finance only.

Further Mathematics is normally seen as a fourth or additional subject. Students offering only Mathematics, Further Mathematics and one other subject at A-level or equivalent will only be considered where the other subject is an essay subject.'

Taking only 3 subject including FM would not be sufficient so please please don't do that. Take 4 subjects if you really think FM would be useful.

Speaking from experience, I got an offer for LSE AF for the upcoming intake (2023). My subject combo was Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Economics. But i took further math just because i liked math and knew it would be easy for me.

I would defo recommend you to take strong traditional subjects listed on LSE's website. not business studies or statistics because isn't that just part of math?

Hi do u think doing bio chem maths has me at a disadvantage and also being a gap year student? I don't like medicine anymore so I'm thinking of reapply for finance or management
Hii I also want to get into LSE accounting and finance. I don't want to take further maths a level but still really want to go to LSE. I am considering taking maths, econ and either psychology, classics or english lit for a levels. Which option would you advise taking and do you have any tips or suggestions on applying to lse in general? :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending