The Student Room Group

Dropped out after first year in uni now going back to study a different course

Hello, I'm just gonna get into it.

Last year I completed my first year in computer science then dropped out because computer science really wasn't for me, this past year I've been looking at what to do next and teaching has caught my eye, now my worry is that since I've already taken student finance loans in my first year how is that going to work out for me, can I still get another 1st year of tuition fees for this teaching course, or will I have to cover that myself since I got that last year?

Please if you have insight let me know
Original post by nabs14
Hello, I'm just gonna get into it.

Last year I completed my first year in computer science then dropped out because computer science really wasn't for me, this past year I've been looking at what to do next and teaching has caught my eye, now my worry is that since I've already taken student finance loans in my first year how is that going to work out for me, can I still get another 1st year of tuition fees for this teaching course, or will I have to cover that myself since I got that last year?

Please if you have insight let me know

Hi there, What university and course are you looking to apply for? When is your course due to start? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
I was looking to apply to Mathematics with Secondary Education at Nottingham Trent University starting September 2023.
Original post by nabs14
I was looking to apply to Mathematics with Secondary Education at Nottingham Trent University starting September 2023.

Hi there,

How long is the new course? Is it full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
It will be full time and last 3 years
Original post by nabs14
It will be full time and last 3 years

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. This means if you have only done 1 years previous study full time, then you should be fine for future finance for your new course. If you're looking to study this in the 23/24 a/y, you can apply now online in your account and we can confirm this.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending