The Student Room Group

Resitting a level but with a new subject

I currently do maths, chem and bio a Level. bio and chem I am not worried about, I really enjoy them, but maths is literally the bane of my life. I need min 3 As this summer, and im thinking if I dont get an A in maths I will obviously resit. But, instead of resitting maths, could I do a new subject such as psychology instead? Do med schools like that or do they prefer you resitting the same subject? Any help will be appreciated!! thank you!
Original post by versacequeen
I currently do maths, chem and bio a Level. bio and chem I am not worried about, I really enjoy them, but maths is literally the bane of my life. I need min 3 As this summer, and im thinking if I dont get an A in maths I will obviously resit. But, instead of resitting maths, could I do a new subject such as psychology instead? Do med schools like that or do they prefer you resitting the same subject? Any help will be appreciated!! thank you!

If you change, would that mean you have to restart the year again?
Have you considered getting a maths tutor to help?
If happy to restart sixth form, then go for the subjects that will get the best grades.
Reply 2
In similar situation, can someone help!!Taking Psychology instead of dreadful MEI maths

Quick Reply

Latest