The Student Room Group

Border Force Applications 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ewan76
I'm on the reserve list for the North Region anyone know what the liklihood of being appointed from that is

Totally unknown.
Reply 21
Original post by ewan76
I'm on the reserve list for the North Region anyone know what the liklihood of being appointed from that is

I was appointed to the reserve list like you for north region at the same time. Ive been waiting and I got a provisional offer 2 weeks ago and going through pre-employment checks. So I'd imagine it's likely
Reply 22
I got my provisional offer back in the beginning of April and submitted my SC and pre-employment checks around the same time, unfortunately after nearly 4 months I am still waiting for both of them to come through. I initially applied back in February so it has been 6 months down the line which is very extremely lengthy for any recruitment process.
Reply 23
Original post by BMcNair
I was appointed to the reserve list like you for north region at the same time. Ive been waiting and I got a provisional offer 2 weeks ago and going through pre-employment checks. So I'd imagine it's likely

The North region covers a wide area. No one can tell how many people are on the reserve list, their position on it, nor predict how many vacancies there will be. Congratulations on your offer.
Got a start date today , November 1st . Job at Heathrow. That’s the earliest they have.

So if your still waiting for checks for a job at Heathrow be safe in the knowledge even if they pass tomorrow you ain’t stating anytime soon.
Original post by PennyOnTheDollar
Got a start date today , November 1st . Job at Heathrow. That’s the earliest they have.

So if your still waiting for checks for a job at Heathrow be safe in the knowledge even if they pass tomorrow you ain’t stating anytime soon.

That is mad!!! I’ve only just passed my SC so far so can expect a start date for next year 🤣
Reply 26
Original post by PennyOnTheDollar

Congrats on your start date!

Admittedly I'm waiting for a start date for a totally different campaign but how long were you waiting from the "The vacancy holder will be in contact soon" email to getting the start date?
Original post by SEGuy

Admittedly I'm waiting for a start date for a totally different campaign but how long were you waiting from the "The vacancy holder will be in contact soon" email to getting the start date?

About a 3 days from that email , on a Friday I got a phone call saying by the the following week Friday I’d have a start date . And they rung today to tell me November
Original post by SEGuy

I got my "the vacancy holder will be in contact soon" email on 26th July and I haven't heard anything.
I've never known such a lengthy recruitment process.
Reply 29
Original post by Mazz1234
I applied last year September to work at Heathrow but only received the formal job offer this May 2023. So nearly 8 months, but thankfully they scheduled my start date according to my availability/holidays, giving me a month to work my notice period. As long as you inform them of your notice period when they contact you to offer you the role, from what I have heard, they can work around it. If you’ve already been offered the role, I would think probably 2-3 months to have your vetting all sorted. Some people get it faster, others like me it was months later , but hold on on giving your notice until you actually formally accept a starting date with the signed contract.

How long after you received the formal offer did you get your start date? I received my formal offer a week ago and just wandering how long it took for you to get the call. I applied in march it’s been along time already but I’m almost ther e
Reply 30
Just curious , there is a full time and part time vacancy in my area for the September 2023 campaign. I have applied for a full time and done the BBA and heard nothing. Is it worth applying for part time and if I get it, would it be easy to switch to full time ? Because it's full time I need.
Reply 31
Anyone applied for border force Luton September 2023 full time and have received a feedback ?
Reply 32
Original post by Kinkywin
Anyone applied for border force Luton September 2023 full time and have received a feedback ?
I’ve applied full time for Luton too, completed the BBA, but heard nothing ? Do they usually wait until closing date to send written test ?
Reply 33
I’ve applied full time for Luton too, completed the BBA, but heard nothing ? Do they usually wait until closing date to send written test ?
Reply 34
Can you do the written tests on a mobile? My laptop is quite old and cuts out..
Reply 35
Original post by ddd1981

Have you heard anything yet ? We both applied for Luton and I have not heard anything
Reply 36
I applied in February campaign, I receive a email every two weeks that my pre- employment checks are still in progress. Any idea how long they take
Reply 37
Have you heard anything yet ? We both applied for Luton and I have not heard anything

I applied for Birmingham in September and as soon as I did the BBA I was invited for the written test almost straight away. I then waited around 2 weeks to be told I passed then my Online interview was a week later. Not sure why you’re still waiting for the written test, have you got your BBA results back yet?
Reply 38
Original post by rhiannakirwan02
I applied for Birmingham in September and as soon as I did the BBA I was invited for the written test almost straight away. I then waited around 2 weeks to be told I passed then my Online interview was a week later. Not sure why you’re still waiting for the written test, have you got your BBA results back yet?

Sadly two people that applied for same Luton has not heard back , we have not gotten the BBA results back as well. When I contacted recruiters they said no results has been received yet that we should wait. What is the written test like please?
Reply 39
Sadly two people that applied for same Luton has not heard back , we have not gotten the BBA results back as well. When I contacted recruiters they said no results has been received yet that we should wait. What is the written test like please?

you just have to write a response to something. it’s nothing about the job itself i think it’s just to test ur communication in writing and how u make judgements
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending