The Student Room Group

Border Force Applications 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Compyjo
Yes, I had my interview in February. Yesterday I was informed I am on the reserve lists until November for both the regular and apprenticeship positions.

I applied for North April last year, put on the reserve list in the September, Provisional offer in March this year, Security checks completed by June, August - awaiting start date. Still haven't been contacted for a start date! No one seems to know anything when intake dates are etc keep getting the same message that when dates become available I will be contacted. Frustrating to say the least
Original post by mj1120
I applied for North April last year, put on the reserve list in the September, Provisional offer in March this year, Security checks completed by June, August - awaiting start date. Still haven't been contacted for a start date! No one seems to know anything when intake dates are etc keep getting the same message that when dates become available I will be contacted. Frustrating to say the least

I received my contract today took a little while but I’m on the 2nd jan training date for BF RTF
Reply 42
Original post by MellyMooPants12
I received my contract today took a little while but I’m on the 2nd jan training date for BF RTF

Congratulations, can i ask you, after confirming a start day, how long did you wait for the formal offer letter?
Reply 43
Did anyone find the interview rather different to other interviews? I’ve no idea how it went , I know I rambled quite a bit..
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Lucky dip
Congratulations, can i ask you, after confirming a start day, how long did you wait for the formal offer letter?

It took a few weeks, my patience has been tested throughout the process 🤣
Reply 45
Does anyone know how long it it is from conditional offer to getting a start date?
Reply 46
Original post by Incencin
I have been put on Reserve list for Heathrow
Any one else on reserve list?
Please update me on when you get an offer from reserve list

I have been on reserve list for 6 months got an email yesterday, no jobs available and took me off
Reply 47
Original post by Kaibaby28
I have been on reserve list for 6 months got an email yesterday, no jobs available and took me off

What area were u on reserve list for?
Reply 48
Original post by Incencin
What area were u on reserve list for?

Glasgow
What's Border Force meant to do at the airport?
Original post by xcuriouser
Hi I’m currently filling out my PST Health questionnaire and it’s asking for a job advert reference number? But I’ve looked in the advert and there’s no reference number. I applied through the home office website in April. Can anyone help?

Hi, I was in the same position and could not find a reference number, as I was on the merit list for 14 months, before being offered a provisional position.

I contacted the recruitment team email and they were able to send me my number.
Reply 51
Hi all,

I applied for BFO Luton end of September. Passed my online assessments. And was interviewed mid October. Since then I received this email from them on the 23.10.23

Thank you for attending the online assessment centre to become a Border Force Officer. We would like to inform you that you have been successful in passing your online assessment centre and that your application will be progressed onto the next stage. Following your online assessment centre, we have provided the below feedback on your assessment:*
[start]Interview The interview was assessed against several strengths which have been identified as important for success as a Border Force Officer. We are unable to provide feedback on the strengths part of the interview or provide details on the strengths we assessed you against as we were looking for your natural first responses to these.[/start]
[start]We will now review your outcome and will notify you of the next steps shortly.[/start]

I’m a little confused does this mean I passed my interview and waiting on the next steps? Or that I’m just waiting for them to tell me whether or not I passed the interview?
Reply 52
Original post by Lollie101
Hi all,

I applied for BFO Luton end of September. Passed my online assessments. And was interviewed mid October. Since then I received this email from them on the 23.10.23

Thank you for attending the online assessment centre to become a Border Force Officer. We would like to inform you that you have been successful in passing your online assessment centre and that your application will be progressed onto the next stage. Following your online assessment centre, we have provided the below feedback on your assessment:*
[start]Interview The interview was assessed against several strengths which have been identified as important for success as a Border Force Officer. We are unable to provide feedback on the strengths part of the interview or provide details on the strengths we assessed you against as we were looking for your natural first responses to these.[/start]
[start]We will now review your outcome and will notify you of the next steps shortly.[/start]

I’m a little confused does this mean I passed my interview and waiting on the next steps? Or that I’m just waiting for them to tell me whether or not I passed the interview?

I have had the same email and I’m confused too 😅
Reply 53
Original post by lego84
I have had the same email and I’m confused too 😅

🫣 hopefully someone can help us out on here 😅
Reply 54
Hi all,

Hi, I also applied for the Luton campaign got that same email in your post on the 8th Nov and then finally got an offer of employment on the 6th December. I am assuming its still a waiting game to decide whether you passed or not.
Reply 55
🫣 hopefully someone can help us out on here 😅

Hi,
You have passed your online assessment; now the next stage is SC-level clearance. For this, they will send you a link for UKSV with login details, where you will enter your details for security clearance. This clearance process can take a couple of months or more.
If all is cleared, then you will be told that the vaccancy holder will call you for a start date. At this stage, HO will contact you. Once your start date is agreed upon, within a couple of weeks, you will get your contract. And this is it.
You have to wait patiently for all stages.
Reply 56
Original post by lego84
I applied for Birmingham in September and as soon as I did the BBA I was invited for the written test almost straight away. I then waited around 2 weeks to be told I passed then my Online interview was a week later. Not sure why you’re still waiting for the written test, have you got your BBA results back yet?

How did u get on in your interview? I also applied for Brum, waiting to hear from them
Reply 57
Original post by Iffy786

How did u get on in your interview? I also applied for Brum, waiting to hear from them

I passed my interview, it was easier than i expected and didn’t last long
Reply 58
Original post by lego84
I passed my interview, it was easier than i expected and didn’t last long

I passed too, although I didn't really have expectations as such. Kinda new it would be strength based questions which naturally look for the normal u.
Let us know if n when u hear anything n vice versa. Hopefully there will b few vacancies at Birmingham soon
Reply 59
Original post by Iffy786

I passed too, although I didn't really have expectations as such. Kinda new it would be strength based questions which naturally look for the normal u.
Let us know if n when u hear anything n vice versa. Hopefully there will b few vacancies at Birmingham soon

have you heard anything at all from them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending