The Student Room Group

Border Force Applications 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lego84
have you heard anything at all from them?

Na mate nothing apart from the standard email saying the reviewing it and will get back to us.
How about u?
Also any idea how many posts available at Birmingham?
Reply 61
Original post by Iffy786

Na mate nothing apart from the standard email saying the reviewing it and will get back to us.
How about u?
Also any idea how many posts available at Birmingham?

me too and no idea but i’m hoping a few to give me more of a chance 🤣
Reply 62
Original post by lego84

There's jobs going for the immigration ICE roles, wonder if that's worth trying
Reply 63
Original post by lego84

Keep us updated if u hear anything n vice versa
Reply 64
Original post by Iffy786

i’m on the reserve list ;(
Reply 65
Original post by lego84

I’ve just received a email stating the same 😒
Reply 66
Original post by lego84

Yh same here. Were u Birmingham?
Reply 67
Original post by Iffy786

Yh same here. Were u Birmingham?

yeah. it’s ridiculous how long they make us wait. and then they expect us to wait up to 12 months and then extra if we do get an offer for security checks 😪
Reply 68
Original post by lego84
yeah. it’s ridiculous how long they make us wait. and then they expect us to wait up to 12 months and then extra if we do get an offer for security checks 😪

I had a feeling this would be the case as others on the same time line got an offer mid December.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of waiting times like this for any job tbh.
Reply 69
Original post by Lollie101
I had a feeling this would be the case as others on the same time line got an offer mid December.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of waiting times like this for any job tbh.

I think because there is a huge response regarding the level of applicants, they can B really picky n choose one or two ppl who were probably close to perfection.
But it's not all bad guys reserve list is better than nothing
Reply 70
I am also told being on a reserve list for Langley.
Reply 71
Original post by Iffy786

Reply recieved.
Provisional offer made subject to vetting etc. not sure how that will work as I'm a civil servant already so if anyone knows anything about that, plz get in touch.
Good luck to everyone still waiting and keep us updated
Reply 72
Original post by Iffy786

Reply recieved.
Provisional offer made subject to vetting etc. not sure how that will work as I'm a civil servant already so if anyone knows anything about that, plz get in touch.

were u on reserve list and offered a position?
Reply 73
Original post by lego84
were u on reserve list and offered a position?

Yes mate 🙃
I didn't really expect it tbh but still a long way to go as the vetting could take time.
Reply 74
Original post by Iffy786

Yes mate 🙃
I didn't really expect it tbh but still a long way to go as the vetting could take time.

no way congrats 👏 hopefully it all goes through fast for you and you start soon
Reply 75
Cheers buddy appreciate that. Me too, hoping for a fresh start this year.
Original post by Iffy786
Reply recieved.

Congratulations on your provisional offer. I am also a Civil Servant and still had to go through the SC enhanced clearance, which should not take too long, if you have previously had a similar clearance.

I was offered a provisional offer in August 2023 and I am now starting in February 👍🏼

If you need any further information, just ping me a message.
Reply 77
Original post by Robertazambrotta
Congratulations on your provisional offer. I am also a Civil Servant and still had to go through the SC enhanced clearance, which should not take too long, if you have previously had a similar clearance.

I was offered a provisional offer in August 2023 and I am now starting in February 👍🏼

If you need any further information, just ping me a message.

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. Sent u a private message. Keep in touch. It's all moving rather quickly now. I had the offer followed by loads of emails. Completed the vetting and pst questions today. Let's hope it's straight forward. How did your notice period work with current employer?
Original post by Iffy786
Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. Sent u a private message. Keep in touch. It's all moving rather quickly now. I had the offer followed by loads of emails. Completed the vetting and pst questions today. Let's hope it's straight forward. How did your notice period work with current employer?

I will contact you later my friend.

But You will need to ensure your current line manager completes an online SSCL form called 'Other Government Department' (OGD) form and they will arrange a start date with your potential line manager in the Border Force. The OGD process will not start until you have passed your enhanced security clearance, but it took only 14 days to complete the process and negotiate a start date between Government departments.

You will then receive your contract with the start date indicated, which you will have to confirm acceptance.
Reply 79
Thank you, I will contact my line manager and let him know. Let's hope and pray it's straight forward without any complications

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending