The Student Room Group

Border Force Applications 2023

Scroll to see replies

I got put on the reserve list last week for border force officerat Langley, and got a provisional offer today morning.However, I declined this as I’ve accepted a role elsewherein the HO.
Reply 81
Original post by Anontipperr
I got put on the reserve list last week for border force officerat Langley, and got a provisional offer today morning.However, I declined this as I’ve accepted a role elsewherein the HO.

Interesting . I am also on reserve list for Langley but unlike you, i was placed on the list in Dec and nothing since then!!! If you heard just yesterday, I might be somewhere down the list i guess.
Reply 82
Anyone got a provisional offer for Immigration detention engagement officer?

I did today, and not quite sure how this is similar to a border forcer officer role i applied for.
Reply 83
When they gonna list Heathrow vacancies
Original post by zb-0905
When they gonna list Heathrow vacancies
What do you mean?
Reply 85
Original post by Incencin
What do you mean?
When will Heathrow airport border force jobs come out
Can you not ask them about Job description as there's nothing in the original ad about this role to see what's involved and how similar it is to BFO !!!
Original post by zb-0905
When will Heathrow airport border force jobs come out
Are you currently on reserve list for Heathrow? Or you applied for national campaign in Sept 2023?
Original post by Sunnyday09
Can you not ask them about Job description as there's nothing in the original ad about this role to see what's involved and how similar it is to BFO !!!
no its a totally different role, are u on a reserve list too?
Original post by Incencin
no its a totally different role, are u on a reserve list too?
No. I am currently going through ASC as was offered in Jan for BFO in Langley. Applied through Nat campaign started in Sept 23.
No. I am currently going through ASC as was offered in Jan for BFO in Langley. Applied through Nat campaign started in Sept 23.
How long have you been waiting for ASC? im going through the same process
Original post by Matt7532
How long have you been waiting for ASC? im going through the same process
My pre emp started end of Jan along with security checks . Received an email 2 weeks ago that my pre emp checks are succesfully completed and now additional checks are in progress. Do you know what does additional check involve? I haven't told my boss yet but do they contact employer during additional checks?
My pre emp started end of Jan along with security checks . Received an email 2 weeks ago that my pre emp checks are succesfully completed and now additional checks are in progress. Do you know what does additional check involve? I haven't told my boss yet but do they contact employer during additional checks?
Sounds like the same as mine and we are in the same process at the same time. I’ve waited the same as you have. :frown:

I would assume so at some point before offering the role they’ll speak to employer.. when that will be, not sure.
Reply 93

Are u currently a civil servant?
Have they been in touch to say ur initial employment checks have been completed ? If so how long did that take ?
Reply 94
Original post by Matt7532
Sounds like the same as mine and we are in the same process at the same time. I’ve waited the same as you have. :frown:
I would assume so at some point before offering the role they’ll speak to employer.. when that will be, not sure.

Not sure normally but definitely if your a cross transfer from another government department.
I'm transferring to BF and they contacted my manager. Still awaiting completion of ASC
Original post by Iffy786
Are u currently a civil servant?
Have they been in touch to say ur initial employment checks have been completed ? If so how long did that take ?

I am none CS. They have confirmed that my initial pre emp checks are complete, took less than 3 weeks. They also confirmed that my employer would not be contacted after HMRS check was successful and sufficient for this. Apparently it's additional checks which take longer and can go up to 6 months depending on applicant's personal circumstances.
Reply 96
I am none CS. They have confirmed that my initial pre emp checks are complete, took less than 3 weeks. They also confirmed that my employer would not be contacted after HMRS check was successful and sufficient for this. Apparently it's additional checks which take longer and can go up to 6 months depending on applicant's personal circumstances.

Wow that is very long. Suppose nothing we can do about it. Any idea what constitutes as additional checks ?
Original post by Iffy786
Wow that is very long. Suppose nothing we can do about it. Any idea what constitutes as additional checks ?

I was advised the following :
Baseline checks include your employment references, hmrc checks, countersignatory references and your right to work.

National security and DBS and Health checks and Additional Security Checks (ASC) are considered to be higher level checks and run alongside the baseline checks.
Original post by Iffy786

I was advised the following :
Baseline checks include your employment references, hmrc checks, countersignatory references and your right to work.

National security and DBS and Health checks and Additional Security Checks (ASC) are considered to be higher level checks and run alongside the baseline checks.

The security checking is the longest part. I am an EO in HO (UASC team), and when I started there I needed a CTC clearance. That took 8 months!!! I have just passed my SC clearance for a BF role and Manchester Airport which took 3 months. Just waiting for a start date now. But there is a recruitment freeze in place in a lot of HO departments. And add to the fact that its the end of the financial year there will be a further slight delay until the start of the financial new year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but hopefully this helps answer your questions
Reply 99
Original post by NYCSavage
The security checking is the longest part. I am an EO in HO (UASC team), and when I started there I needed a CTC clearance. That took 8 months!!! I have just passed my SC clearance for a BF role and Manchester Airport which took 3 months. Just waiting for a start date now. But there is a recruitment freeze in place in a lot of HO departments. And add to the fact that its the end of the financial year there will be a further slight delay until the start of the financial new year. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but hopefully this helps answer your questions

Thank u appreciate that mate. Its the not knowing that bothers me. Thank u once again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending