The Student Room Group

Would I get disqualified for this

I probably wouldn't and it sounds dumb but I can't stop overthinking lol. But basically I didn't have a clear pencil case so I ended up bringing one of those cheap math sets into my exam, but because they had provided us with a set of everything we needed anyway I ended up using those. Midway through the exam one of the invigilators noticed it, said "since you're not using this I'm going to take it to the front" did that, and that was it, I finished my paper and nothing was said to me then or as I walked out. I'm sure I'd probably be fine but I'm just overthinking anything that could lead to me failing 💀
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Aurey
I probably wouldn't and it sounds dumb but I can't stop overthinking lol. But basically I didn't have a clear pencil case so I ended up bringing one of those cheap math sets into my exam, but because they had provided us with a set of everything we needed anyway I ended up using those. Midway through the exam one of the invigilators noticed it, said "since you're not using this I'm going to take it to the front" did that, and that was it, I finished my paper and nothing was said to me then or as I walked out. I'm sure I'd probably be fine but I'm just overthinking anything that could lead to me failing 💀

I think if it was an issue they wouldve said something to you after you left. because surely if you got disqualified they wouldnt let you sit your other exams
Original post by Aurey
I probably wouldn't and it sounds dumb but I can't stop overthinking lol. But basically I didn't have a clear pencil case so I ended up bringing one of those cheap math sets into my exam, but because they had provided us with a set of everything we needed anyway I ended up using those. Midway through the exam one of the invigilators noticed it and took it to the front, and that was it, I finished my paper and nothing was said as I walked out. I'm sure I'd probably be fine but I'm just overthinking anything that could lead to me failing 💀

I don't know much about how these situations are dealt with, but don't worry too much; it's possible that they took it and looked inside, and noticed there wasn't anything inside it.
But all the same, don't freak out too much, it's not likely something big will happen and don't let this incident demotivate you.
I hope that helps and good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by oxfordthrowaway
I think if it was an issue they wouldve said something to you after you left. because surely if you got disqualified they wouldnt let you sit your other exams

yeah that makes sense. I assume that would be the case as well, hopefully it is as I don't want to sit my other papers for nothing lol
Reply 4
Original post by *LifeHappens*
I don't know much about how these situations are dealt with, but don't worry too much; it's possible that they took it and looked inside, and noticed there wasn't anything inside it.
But all the same, don't freak out too much, it's not likely something big will happen and don't let this incident demotivate you.
I hope that helps and good luck!

Thanks! :smile: yeah there was definetly nothing inside it that shouldn't be there, so I hoping they just took a look, noticed nothing was wrong and left it there. It caught me a little off guard that all, I assume as they didn't mention anything it'll be okay though. Just wanted to set my mind at ease before I start preparing for my next papers haha

Quick Reply

Latest