Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
MORE BERKELEY

Martin Luther King, Jr. Student Union

McLaughlin Hall

Memorial Pool Reflection of Library and Campanile

Sather Gate

Reply 21
With the exception of Cambridge, Oxford and Warwick, is there any UK uni that is as beautiful as UC Berkeley?

And, wait until I post Stanford pictures here. They say: Stanford has got to be the most beautiful university in the US. It's like heaven on earth. :smile:
ILIGAN
With the exception of Cambridge, Oxford and Warwick, is there any UK uni that is as beautiful as UC Berkeley?

And, wait until I post Stanford pictures here. They say: Stanford has got to be the most beautiful university in the US. It's like heaven on earth. :smile:

The view from St Andrews :wink: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/english/media/StAndrewscrop2.jpg
This thread has some pics: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=645483

American univesities have soo much money.
Reply 23
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA CRUZ

Spoiler

Reply 24
ILIGAN

warwick? i dont see the beauty there..

some kings and imperial buildings are really nice, as is glasgow university and part of bristol

its a lot less ostentatious but avoids looking like a legoland oxbridge replica
dood, there is a 'edit post' button for a reason
ILIGAN

Warwick? Have you ever been there, it's a 60's concrete monolith on a business park on the outskirts of Coventry. Probably one of the least attractive universities in the UK.

It's amazing how so many US universities look exactly the same as so many US retirement villages (sorry, active adult communities).
Reply 27

Any pics of Harvard/Dartmouth/Stanford?
I don't mind the modern buildings which aren't trying to imitate any European styles, but the older ones are kinda creepy.
None as pretty as St Andrews yet.
Reply 31
ChemistBoy
Warwick? Have you ever been there, it's a 60's concrete monolith on a business park on the outskirts of Coventry.

I studied for a year at Warwick as an exchange student from Stanford and Warwick looks amazing. Together with Notts, and with the exception of Oxbridge, it is the only UK uni I thought that can rival many elite US schools in terms of campus beauty, magnitude and physical resources. Warwick is just new but it's certainly already one of the very best, if not the best, university campuses in the whole UK.

Probably one of the least attractive universities in the UK.

I haven’t seen any UK uni campus more beautiful than Warwick. Maybe Notts is somewhat nice too. Of course, the Oxbridge excluded. They’re certainly world-class.

It's amazing how so many US universities look exactly the same as so many US retirement villages (sorry, active adult communities).

What you’ve seen was the UC at Santa Cruz which is a pretty rural area. But generally speaking, US schools are far greater in facilities than most UK unis. And I'm not exaggerating here.
Reply 32
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO

ILIGAN
I studied for a year at Warwick as an exchange student from Stanford and Warwick looks amazing. Together with Notts, and with the exception of Oxbridge, it is the only UK uni I thought that can rival many elite US schools in terms of campus beauty, magnitude and physical resources. Warwick is just new but it's certainly already one of the very best, if not the best, university campuses in the whole UK.

I haven’t seen any UK uni campus more beautiful than Warwick. Maybe Notts is somewhat nice too. Of course, the Oxbridge excluded. They’re certainly world-class.

What you’ve seen was the UC at Santa Cruz which is a pretty rural area. But generally speaking, US schools are far greater in facilities than most UK unis. And I'm not exaggerating here.

Warwick is SO not attractive. It's the only thing putting me off going there if I get an offer.
Reply 34
i went and visited Berkely when i was over there - it was unbelievably pretty! (we'll exclude the 1 mangy street but that was just off the campus, not actually on it) part of its beauty may be due to the glorious sunshine that always makes things look better than they actually do
Reply 35
Clements-
Any pics of Harvard/Dartmouth/Stanford?

Wait. Let's do this gradually. Stanford will blow you away. Promise. :biggrin:
Reply 36
mmm stunnin'
Reply 37
The location of UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO looks really great.
Reply 38
FTC199
i went and visited Berkely when i was over there - it was unbelievably pretty! (we'll exclude the 1 mangy street but that was just off the campus, not actually on it) part of its beauty may be due to the glorious sunshine that always makes things look better than they actually do

Yeah, Berkeley is quite beautiful. I probably would have gone there if I didn't make it at Stanford. Princeton and the University of Virginia are lovely as well.

And please take note that the pictures were taken about 2-3 years ago. Berkeley looks even amazing now than in the pictures.
ILIGAN
Wait. Let's do this gradually. Stanford will blow you away. Promise. :biggrin:

I want Harvard pics the most, tbh. I've been there, and my cousin goes there, but still.

Latest

Trending

Trending